Instant Pot Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal is the type of rib sticking breakfast that warms you to your toes on a cold winter morning. It is super easy and delicious.
There is nothing more comforting than creamy Instant Pot Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal on a cold winter morning to get you motivated to face the day.
The breakfast staple, Oatmeal has been around since the 12 century because it is a nutritional powerhouse. Find out more here.
Why Instant Pot Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Works
On the whole, my recipe is a no brainer. Come down stairs in the morning and get your first cup of coffee and start this Instant Pot Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal and by the time you have the kids up or your shower completed, you are good to eat a maple infused super food.
How to Make Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal – Step by Step
- Prepare Ingredients: First, pour all of your ingredients into your instant pot. Stir well to make sure everything is fully incorporated.
- Set Instant Pot: Next, place your lid on your instant pot by twisting it shot. Of Course, make sure to close the ceiling valve by pushing it away from you. Program your instant pot to high-pressure for six minutes.
- Serve: Once it has finished cooking, allow it to do a natural release. Finally, when natural lease is finished( when the pin next to the ceiling valve has dropped}. This should take about 30 minutes. Enjoy.
LOVE BREAKFAST RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Looking for more? Check out all of the Easy Breakfast Recipes on It Is a Keeper.
What Type of Oatmeal is Best for Making Instant Pot Oatmeal Recipe
Oatmeal comes in a few different forms and taste a little different. Such as Steel Cut, Rolled and Instant. In this recipe I specifically use rolled oats. They are steamed first and then flattened. They are able to absorb the flavor well while still holding their shape.
Alternatively, Steel Cut oats are just chopped and retain their shape well and have a nuttier flavor. You can definitely use these in the recipe if you prefer.
Instant oatmeal is the most processed variety and is made for cooking fast. They are not really desirable for this recipe as they would become very mushy.
Tips for Making Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
Really, this Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal is a triumph in and of itself but here are a few tips for serving.
- Top with a little milk or cream to make it even smoother.
- Afterward, add a touch more Maple Syrup if you have a sweet tooth
- Make extra and store in an airtight container for the week.
- Finish with a little butter
RECIPES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
- Hot Cocoa Cookies
- Melting Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Cooking and Baking Ideas for Teens
- 20 Cooking Essentials for Two
Expert Tips for Making the Best Instant Pot Oatmeal Recipe
- This Recipe Can be Doubled: This is a great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and store in air tight containers.
- Protein: Try adding protein, namely, BACON! Alternatively, try a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
- Fruit: Absolutely, add your favorite fruit, for example, raisins, bananas, blueberries
- Go Nuts: For instances, pecans, walnuts or macadamia nuts.
Shop This Recipe
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Instant Pot Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 & 3/4 cups water
- Pour all of your ingredients into your instant pot. Stir well to make sure everything is fully incorporated.
- Place your lid on your instant pot by twisting it shot. Make sure to close the ceiling valve by pushing it away from you.
- Set your instant pot to high-pressure for six minutes.
- Once it has finished cooking, allow it to do a natural release. You will know that the natural lease is finished when the pin next to the ceiling valve has dropped. This should take about 30 minutes.
- Once completed, give your oatmeal a good stir. Top with your favorite toppings such as a dash of cream, nuts, dried or fresh fruit. You can also add more brown sugar for an extra sweetness!