This recipe is inspired by a creamy chicken roast, typical in the French countryside. With the magic of the slow cooker, classic ingredients turn into a flavorful meal with just minutes of work…much simpler than the original!
Making the preparations even easier, I have to confess that I actually cheat and put chicken in the slow cooker straight from the freezer. It comes out beautifully, saving the time of defrost step.
The dish incorporates pasta, so it becomes a hearty dinner easy enough for a weeknight. And it has all the taste of a weekend dinner for guests.
A perfect starter dish to accompany this chicken pasta dinner is
This recipe makes plenty for a family, but I’m always hopeful there will be leftovers. Personally, I think it gets even better after a night in the refrigerator!
Healthy ingredients, simple preparation, and a crowd pleaser…This recipe is a winner!
I’ve seen some recipes out there where the pasta is cooked directly in the crockpot…but am skeptical for the moment…maybe next time? Have any of you tried it, and how did it turn out?
Be sure to check out these best slow cooker recipes of all time and my slow cooker tips and tricks.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Easy Recipes You May Enjoy
Get even more of the best slow cooker recipes of all time on my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
This recipe was part of my Slow Cookin’ Summer Series. Several bloggers and I shared 12 weeks of slow cooker recipes so you didn’t have to heat up your kitchen during the dog days of summer.
Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 package mushrooms, 8 oz
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup cream, whipping cream or half and half work well
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box spaghetti, slightly undercooked
- Place first five ingredients with thyme, salt and pepper in a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare a box of spaghetti, undercooking slightly, and mix with the chicken.
- Once chicken is cooked through, add the cream and stir.
- Shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces, and remove any bones if you've used chicken legs or thighs.
- Add cooked spaghetti to the crock and heat through.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/