Fire up the grill for these Spicy Turkey Burgers with Pickled Onions. If you’ve never had pickled onions, you don’t know what you’re missing!
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Shady Brook Farms. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. #700ReasonsForSummer
I love a good burger. There is just something about firing up the grill and hearing the sizzle of juicy burger. I love the flame kissed flavor and the gooey, melty cheese.
Burgers are just so versatile. I’m always playing around with the flavor profile by trying new combinations. There is one thing, though, that always remains the same. Our burgers have always always beef.
I made these Spicy Turkey Burgers the other night for dinner with Shady Brook Farms ground turkey. I added some seasonings and spices and topped them with cheese and pickled onions.
The result was an incredible, juicy burger just bursting with flavor.
The feedback was unanimous — these turkey burgers were amazing! The flavor was great. The texture was perfect. And, the pickled onions…oh my! I have a new favorite condiment now! I’m going to put these things on EVERYTHING!
Or just eat them out of the bowl. I’m cool with that.
Turkey is a lean, tasty substitution for summer foods traditionally prepared with beef or pork such as sausages and burgers. It’s the perfect alternative to beef for your Memorial Day cookout!
Shady Brook Farms provides delicious turkey for Memorial Day and summer recipes for the whole family. They offer ground turkey, sausage, tenderloins, burgers and more from turkeys raised without growth-promoting antibiotics.
Shady Brook Farms work with more than 700 independent farmers to produce these wholesome turkeys and they are committed to offering better food at a better price. Look for The Shady Brook Farms name and the USDA Process Verified seal on packaging to know that your turkey was raised without growth-promoting antibiotics by farmers who care.
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Spicy Turkey Burgers with Pickled Onions
Turkey Burgers with Pickled Onions
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1 small red onion - halved and very thinly sliced
- 1 pound Shadybrook Farms ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley - chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 4 whole wheat buns
- Combine vinegar, brown sugar, salt and all spice in a medium microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture boils. You can also bring the mixture to a boil in a saucepan on the stove.
- Add onions and toss to coat.
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the turkey, parsley, cumin, pepper, salt and all spice in a large bowl.
- Mix until combined; form mixture into four patties.
- Brush patties with canola oil and grill until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Top with cheese and serve on buns.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.