Cream Cheese Spinach Dip made in the air fryer is the perfect appetizer to bring to any gathering. Your family and friends will be impressed by this bread bowl spinach dip.
Making this Cream Cheese Spinach Dip in a bread bowl is so easy, all you have to do is mix together the filling and add to a bread bowl and air fry it. This Creamy Spinach dip recipe can be made in 20 minutes starts to finish, perfect to throw together last minute. More delicious dips and appetizer recipes, check this collection for ideas.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Spinach Bread Bowl Dip Recipe
- 20 Minute Dip: This Air Fryer bread bowl spinach artichoke dip takes 20 minutes to make start to finish.
- Family Friendly: Your in-laws will love this this creamy spinach dip recipe.
- Party Appetizer: This spinach artichoke dip in bread bowl makes for a mouthwatering dish to bring to a party or potluck.
- Artichoke Hearts: I used store brand of quartered artichoke hearts.
- Frozen Spinach: You can use frozen chopped spinach or fresh but you can add more spinach in when it is frozen.
- Water Chestnuts: I used a can of sliced water chestnuts to make chopping easier. You can also use whole water chestnuts as they will still be chopped for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese: For this recipe, I used a store brand full fat cream cheese but this can also be replaced with light/low fat or even fat free cream cheese.
- Mayonnaise: I used Cains. You can also use a light or low fat mayonnaise if you are looking to reduce calories.
- Sour Cream/Greek Yogurt: You could use sour cream or Greek yogurt in this recipe. I used plain Greek yogurt in this recipe. It gives the dip a boost of protein and cuts calories without affecting flavor.
- Loaf of Bread: In this recipe, use a circle shaped sourdough bread found in the bakery section of my local store. Choose a bread with a firm outer crust. It will help keep the bread bowl from absorbing moisture from the dip and turning soggy.
- Dippers: Carrot sticks or slices, celery sticks, pepper slices, broccoli or cauliflower florets or whatever your favorite vegetables may be. You can use a variety of crackers or pita chips. Sliced French bread can also be used.
- Air Fryer
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Serving Plate
How to Make Spinach Bread Bowl Dip
These are the basic steps for making Air Fryer Cream Cheese Spinach Dip. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions and nutrition information.
STEP 1: PREPPING
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. Then drain water chestnuts and artichoke hearts. And squeeze the excess water out of the frozen spinach that has been thawed.
STEP 2: MAKE THE FILLING
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, sour cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, oregano, and crushed red pepper, mix until smooth. Then mix in the artichokes, spinach, and water chestnut.Mix in the parmesan and 1/2 of the mozzarella.
STEP 3: MAKE THE BREAD BOWL AND ADD THE FILLING
Cut a bowl out of your bread, making sure not to cut all the way through the bread. Next add your spinach dip and top with the rest of mozzarella cheese.
STEP 4: AIR FRY THE SPINACH DIP IN BREAD BOWL
Air fry the bread bowl spinach dip for 8-10 minutes on 350 degrees until the bread is golden bread and cheese is melty and bubbling. Serve with your choice of dippers!
Prep and Storage Tips
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME
To make this recipe for spinach dip in a bread bowl, you can make the filling and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you are ready to make this spinach bread bowl dip add the filling to the bread bowl and air fry.
HOW TO STORE THIS RECIPE
Store the spinach dip 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
HOW TO REHEAT THIS RECIPE
To reheat, you can air fry for 5-8 minutes at 350 degrees until hot. You could also heat up in the oven or microwave for the quickest result.
Frequently Asked Questions
When serving spinach dip, it should sit out at room temperature for no more than two hours. You can extend the serving time by placing the serving platter/plate on a tray of ice.
Yes, spinach dip can be made 1 to 3 days ahead of time. Make the dip but do not place it in the bread bowl until you are ready to serve.
No, you should not freeze spinach dip. Both mayonnaise, sour cream and Greek yogurt (if you use it in place of sour cream) will all separate when thawing. This will make the dip watery.
You can use fresh spinach, but it will need to be prepped before adding to the dip. You will need to use a larger amount of fresh spinach to replace the frozen spinach. Place 1-2 teaspoons of oil in a skillet and add 16 ounces of fresh spinach. Cook the spinach for 3 to 5 minutes over a medium heat until it is cooked down. Allow the spinach to cool and then squeeze out the remaining water. Add the cooled spinach to the dip.
Expert Tips for Making This Party Dip Recipe
- Water Chestnuts: Can’t find water chestnuts? You could take them out completely or sub in sautéed mushrooms.
- Oven: If you don’t own an air fryer, you can also make this cream spinach dip recipe in the oven by placing in a baking dish and baking at 350 degrees for a bake time of 25-30 minutes.
- Crackers: Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, carrots etc.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Cream Cheese Dip
Did you try this recipe?
⭐ Click below to leave a review and rating! ⭐
Air Fryer Cream Cheese Spinach Dip
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 4 to 5 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 to 1 ½ pound loaf of bread
- Dippers: carrot sticks, celery sticks, pepper slices or other vegetables, crackers, pita chips or bread cubes
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 350 degrees.
- Drain and coarsely chop the artichoke hearts and the water chestnuts. Set aside.
- Squeeze the thawed frozen spinach to remove excess water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream (or Greek yogurt), garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Mix in the artichokes, spinach and water chestnuts. Stir until combined.
- Mix in the parmesan cheese and ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare the bread bowl. Using a sharp knife cut the top of the bread off being careful to not cut through the sides or bottom of the bread. Remove the top and set aside. Pull out some of the bread from the inside of the loaf to create a bowl. Leave at least a ½ inch layer of bread inside the bowl (sides and bottom).
- Spoon the dip into the bread bowl. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the top. Sprinkle the sliced green onion on top of the cheese.
- Wrap the bottom of the bread bowl in aluminum foil. Place in the air fryer and cook at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese on top has melted and begins to lightly brown.
- Serve with your choice of dippers.
- Water Chestnuts: If you don’t like or can’t find water chestnuts, you could take them out completely or sub in sautéed mushrooms.
- Oven: If you don’t own an air fryer, you can also make this cream spinach dip recipe in the oven by baking at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.