This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms Cheese for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Did you know that you can have delicious homemade made Mac & Cheese in under 20 minutes? This recipe for Easy Skillet Mac & Cheese is one of my top easy recipes.
My family loves Mac & Cheese. It’s one of those comfort foods they they just can’t get enough of. But my traditional mac and cheese recipe can be a little cumbersome. After all, I have to make all of the components on the stove and then transfer it to a baking dish and bake it for 30 minutes.
I do have a few short cuts though. I usually make a double batch and freeze one for a later meal. That way, all I need to do it thaw it and bake it. Easy peasy.
However, I’m as impatient as they get. So, I wanted a recipe that would be even easier and, more importantly, faster!
That’s where I came up with this version. It’s the 20 minute, stove top version of my favorite mac and cheese recipe.
The key to this recipe is using good, quality ingredients. I love Crystal Farms cheese.
I shred one cup of their mild cheddar for this recipe. You can also use the pre-shredded type if you’re in a pinch (or just don’t feel like shredding cheese).
I top the whole thing with crispy Panko bread crumbs and pop it under the broiler for a few minutes to get a nice golden brown crust.
It’s pure comfort food.
Easy Skillet Mac & Cheese
- ½ cup butter, divided
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz process cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes (or 1 cup of any other type of shredded cheese)
- 1 cup shredded Crystal Farms cheddar cheese
- 1 pound pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 ½ cups Panko bread crumbs
- In a large pot, prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large oven proof skillet, melt 1/4 cup of butter over medium-low heat.
- Add flour and stir for one minute until it starts to gets pasty.
- Whisk in the milk. Continue to cook over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally, until the milk begins to thicken — about 5 minutes.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add cooked and drained pasta and stir to combine.
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter and combine with Panko.
- Stir until combined and spread on top of the prepared macaroni and cheese.
- Preheat the broiler and place the skillet under the broiler until the bread crumbs turn golden brow. This will only take a few minutes so keep an eye on it.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
For more great recipes and inspiration check out Crystal Farms Favorites recipes or visit Crystal Farms on Pinterest.
If you like this recipe, you will love these other easy recipes! Make sure you pin them for later!
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
Spicy Caramelized Green Beans
Cheesy Hassleback Potatoes
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper:
Easy Crock Pot Recipes
70+ Quick Dinner Ideas
More Breakfast Recipes
4 thoughts on “Easy Skillet Mac & Cheese”
Have you ever used the Food Saver food storage bags while freezing the mac & cheese? I am wondering if I could then just pop in microwave or boiling water to defrost?
I don’t see why not. I’ll have to try that!
I made the brown sugar garlic chicken, that was the best recipe I have ever made! Thank you so much
YAY!! I’m so glad you liked it! It’s a big hit in my house too! Thanks for sharing your feedback and for reading IAK!