Get ready for Mardi Gras with this great collection of Mardi Gras food!
Mardi Gras is French for “Fat Tuesday.” Traditionally, it’s the last day of indulgence – for eating rich, fatty foods – before day for Catholics to indulge—and often overindulge—before Catholics start fasting for Lent.
In typical New Orleans fashion, it’s a day for celebrating with parades, beads and partying til the wee hours of the morning. It’s also a time for lots and lots of great food, like Jambalaya, Red Beans and Rice, King Cakes and Beignets. Join in the fun and add some of this Mardi Gras food to your meal plan this week!
Mardi Gras Food
- Traditional New Orleans King Cake – from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- King Cake Cream Puffs – from Cocktails with Mom
- Busy Mama’s Mini King Cakes – from Noble Pig
- Quick and Easy King Cake – from Craft Dictator
- Vanilla Beignet Bites – from Mama Young at Home
- Baked Beignets – from Teaspoon of Spice
- Mardi Gras Cupcakes – from Koupon Krazed
- Easy Louisiana Red Beans & Brown Rice – from Teaspoon of Spice
- Creamy Shrimp Creole Soup with Bacon Cornmeal Dumplings – from Noble Pig
*Scroll down for the remaining recipes.
- Rosemary Shrimp and Sweet Potato Grits – from Teaspoon of Spice
- Jambalaya with Shrimp and Ham – from Noble Pig
- Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice – from Thrify Jinxy
- Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo – from All Four Burners
- Pecan-crusted Catfish with Orange-Pecan Brown Butter – from READ.eat.DEW.write.
- Fat Tuesday Pancakes – from A Life In Balance
- Cajun Seasoning – from Thrifty Jinxy
- New Orleans Style Muffaletta Sandwich (Gluten Free) – from Deals from Ms. Do
- Slow Cooker Gumbo – from Deals from Ms. Do
Did you enjoy this post?
Then get on the list! Get FREE email updates of my latest recipes and tips. Plus, I'll send you my FREE eCookbook, 7 Best Slow Cooker Recipes Every Cook Needs!