This Crispy Muddy Buddies recipe is an easy snack recipe that can be whipped up in no time!
Muddy Buddies (or Puppy Chow, depending on where you’re from) are one of my family’s favorite snacks. I have so much fun coming up with new flavor combinations and mix-ins.
My family cannot get enough of the chocolatey-peanut buttery goodness.
What really adds a little something extra to this version are the crispy chocolate candies. They add a little extra crispy, chocolatey goodness to the treat.
I’ve never seen them before. I’m a Peanut M&M’s® kinda gal. However, one bite of M&M’s® Crispy and I was hooked! I just knew they would be the perfect mix-in my for my Muddy Buddy recipe.
What is your favorite snack recipe? Leave a comment and let me know.
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
If you like this recipe, you will love these other easy snacks on It Is a Keeper. Make sure you pin them for later.
And, for even more of my best recipes:
Crispy Muddy Buddies Recipe
- 13.5 ounce box crispy rice square cereal
- 1 cup chocolate morsels
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 bag crispy chocolate candies
- Place the cereal in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Place the chocolate morsels, peanut butter, butter and vanilla in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture on top of the cereal and stir to combine.
- Place ½ of the powdered sugar into a gallon sized zip top bag.
- Add cereal mixture to the bag and top with the remaining powdered sugar.
- Close the bag and shake until all of the cereal is coated in the sugar.
- Place in a large bowl and stir in candies.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/