This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RedVelvetLove #CollectiveBias
Muddy Buddies are one of my family’s favorite snacks. It’s also called Puppy Chow, depending on where you’re from. No matter what you call it, this stuff makes me swoon.
My family cannot get enough of the chocolatey-peanut buttery goodness.
I think the entire universe comes into alignment when you combine these flavors atop crispy, crunchy rice cereal.
But what really takes it over the top are these M&M’s® Red Velvet.
I’ve never seen them before. I’m a Peanut M&M’s® kinda gal. However, one bite of M&M’s® Red Velvet and I was hooked! I just knew they would be the perfect mix-in for my Muddy Buddy recipe.
I found M&M’s® Red Velvet in the seasonal aisle at my local Walmart.
This red velvet version is one of my favorite Puppy chow recipes.
Instead of regular chocolate chips, I used red baking melts.
It gives the Muddy Buddies a festive color, which is perfect for Valentine’s day!
Then I mixed in a bag of M&M’s® Red Velvet.
I had to quickly photograph these for this blog post because my family was chomping at the bit to get at them!
See more great M&M’s® Red Velvet recipes and party ideas at myconfectioncorner.com/valentines-day where you can also download a coupon to save on your M&M’s® purchase.
Red Velvet Muddy Buddies Recipe
Red Velvet Chex Muddy Buddies Recipe
- 13.5 ounce Chex Cereal rice chex box
- 1 cup red chocolate candy melts
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 M&M's bag
- Place the cereal in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Place the chocolate candy melts, peanut butter, butter and vanilla in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture on top of the cereal and stir to combine.
- Place 1/2 of the powdered sugar and cake mix into a gallon sized zip top bag.
- Add cereal mixture to the bag and top with the remaining powdered sugar cake mixture.
- Close the bag and shake until all of the cereal is coated in the sugar.
- Place in a large bowl and stir in M&Ms.
- Add Different Candies: Try these Red Velvet Cookie Dough Candies for even more red velvet flavor.
- Nutty: Add some nuts for even more crunch flavor.
- Variation tip: Neater directions, lay wax paper on a baking sheet. lay out your chex mix and drizzle the chocolate mixture on top, then sprinkle each side with the sugar mixture.
- Drizzle: Drizzle with melted chocolate for a polished look.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
If you like this recipe, you will love these other easy snacks! Make sure you pin them for later!