If you are looking for a dessert that is light, delicious and super easy to make, then look no further! This Chocolate Eclair Cake fits the bill!
Chocolate Eclair Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter - 1-stick
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 2 3.4 oz packages instant vanilla pudding
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese - room temperature
- 1 12 oz container frozen whipped topping - thawed
- Chocolate syrup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring the water, butter and salt to boil until butter is melted.
- Add the flour all at once and mix rapidly with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and stir until the mixture leaves the sides of pan and forms a ball.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition until completely smooth.
- Spread in an ungreased 10- by 15-inch baking pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Crust will puff up the sides of the pan while in the oven.
- When removed from the oven, prick bubbles with a fork. Let cool.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the pudding mix, milk and softened cream cheese together until thoroughly blended.
- Spread pudding mixture over the baked and cooled eclair crust.
- Spread Cool Whip over pudding mixture.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.