These easy Banana Sushi Rolls are a playful twist on a kid-friendly snack!
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Rubbermaid. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Packing lunches can be tricky. I used to go old-school and pack our lunches in plastic storage bags. It was easy and disposable, but sandwiches got squished, fruit was easily bruised and crackers or other brittle items got pulverized.
Then I switched to plastic containers. But we ended up becoming bag people — toting big bags of bulky containers to and from work/school. While it kept our food in better condition, it was far from convenient. I often wished there was a happy medium.
Now there is! These fantastic LunchBlox Kits by Rubbermaid are modular food storage containers that snap together in multiple configurations. Plus, they have a snap-in Blue Ice® tray to help keep everything chilled until lunch time.
I love how everything snaps together and fits neatly into a our lunch boxes and bags. No more loose containers bouncing around or squished PBJs. Rubbermaid has really related to everyday life by creating a smart, simple solution to lunch time complications.
Plus, LunchBlox Kits are perfectly portioned containers with handy measurements right on the side! This is a big help if you’re trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle and control your portions. They are also 100% BPA free, Lunchblox’s are microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe.
LunchBlox Kits are great for kids who prefer to have a variety of items in their lunch box. There’s space for fruits, veggies, crackers or bigger items like these cute Banana Sushi Rolls!
My son loves these Banana Sushi Rolls. I make them at least three to four times each week. They’re perfect for lunch or a quick snack when you’re craving something sweet but satisfying. I always use whole wheat tortillas for a little added fiber.
The process is simple. Just spread the peanut butter and chocolate hazelnut spread over the tortilla, place a whole, peeled banana on top (near the edge) and roll tightly. Then, simply slice into 1/2 inch round and serve!
Another fun various would be to swap the chocolate hazlenut spread for marshmallow cream and make a fluffer nutter version. Or, (and this is my husband’s favorite) swap the chocolate hazlenut spread and add crumbled bacon!
What ever way you like it, these Sushi Rolls are fun, tasty and super easy!
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Banana Sushi Rolls
- 1 whole wheat soft tortilla
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 banana
- Spread chocolate hazelnut spread over tortilla
- Spread peanut butter on top of chocolate hazlenut spread
- Peel banana and place on edge of tortilla
- Roll banana up tightly in tortilla
- Slice into 1/2 inch rounds
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.