This Apple Bread Pudding with Bourbon Caramel Sauce is one of my favorite easy dessert recipes for fall.
Disclosure: I received product in exchange for this post. Feel free to read my disclosure statement. All opinions shared are my own and not influenced by other sources.
On cool fall days, there is nothing like a warm and comforting dessert like this Drunken Caramel Apple Bread Pudding.
A layer of crisp, cinnamon apples (fresh picked from my yard) is nestled between billowy bread soaked in a rich vanilla custard. Then the layers are drizzled with a decadent bourbon caramel sauce.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make yet fancy enough to impress your friends. It’s the perfect way to round out a crisp fall weekend of apple picking, leaf raking or pumpkin picking.
I used Four Roses Bourbon in this recipe.
It’s a hand crafted bourbon that is complex, full bodied and surprisingly smooth with a delicate long finish that’s unbelievably mellow. It contains hints of ripe plum, cherry and other fruits, mild spices, plus sweet aromas including caramel, cocoa, vanilla and maple syrup.
It was the perfect flavor pairing for Apple Bread Pudding.
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Apple Bread Pudding with Bourbon Caramel Sauce
Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup prepared ice cream caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoons Four Roses Bourbon
- In a large bowl, whisk together heavy cream, milk, eggs, vanilla and rum.
- Add sugars and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and whisk until combined.
- Add bread cubes to the bowl and carefully stir, ensuring that each piece is soaked in the mixture; set aside.
- Toss the apples with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Place half of the soaked bread cubes in a buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with cinnamon apple slices.
- Place remaining bread on top; lightly press down.
- Let sit for 30 - 60 minutes (or overnight).
- Bake at 350 degrees 45-50 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, place caramel and bourbon in a small sauce pan.
- Heat over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes until caramel thins.
- Drizzle Bourbon Caramel Sauce over the warm Apple Bread Pudding; serve immediately.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/