Pumpkin Lush is just that – it is luscious. The flavor is decadent and is full of amazing fall flavors. It is like pumpkin pie but better because it is lighter, fluffier and delectable.
This Pumpkin Lush is perfection. It is a layer of crispy crust make of nuts, a decadent pumpkin layer and finally a creamy whip cream layer all in one beautiful little square.. It is also super easy to make, feeds a lot of people and is not super heavy.
If Fall is your favorite time of the year and want even more tempting recipes, check out this link.here:
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Pumpkin Cheesecake Lasagna Recipe
This recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving our other fall gatherings as it is quick and easy to make, feeds a lot of people and is a lighter version of traditional pumpkin pie. Pumpkin originates from North America. Originally in Mexico, it was a staple for early Americans.
- 30 Minute Dessert: It is truly quick and easy to prepare.
- Easy Ingredients: Only a few simple ingredients and all things you have on hand in the fall.
- Family Friendly: If they like pumpkin, they will love this lush dessert also try the lemon lush.
- Adaptable: Can make it low-carb or dairy free, etc…
Ingredient Notes for this Pumpkin Lush Dessert
- Butter: Melt the butter, it can be salted butter or unsalted butter.
- Flour: All-purpose flour. A gluten free flour can also work in this recipe.
- Walnuts: Chop walnuts for the crust and for garnish.
- Vanilla Pudding: Instant vanilla pudding mix, sugar-free can also make this recipe work.
- Milk: Cold milk, cut calories with a low-fat version.
- Pumpkin Puree: Not pumpkin Pie Filling.
- Powdered Sugar: Also known as confectioner’s sugar.
- Cream Cheese: Soften the cream cheese by leaving out overnight for the cream cheese layer.
- Whipped Topping: The frozen whip topping. Cool whip or your favorite whipped cream topping.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: All the warn spices for Fall such as, cinnamon, nutmeg ginger, allspice and clove for these pumpkin lush bars.
How to Make Pumpkin Dessert Lasagna
These are the basic steps for making Pumpkin Lush. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
STEP 1: CRUST
First, preheat your oven. Then in a medium bowl, mix together butter, flour and one cup of the chopped nuts. Then press into the bottom of the baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes until a light golden brown.
STEP 2: PUMPKIN FILLING
Meanwhile, blend the pudding and the milk until thick. Mix in the pumpkin puree and then stir over the crust that is cool.
STEP 3: TOPPING
Next, beat the powdered sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl until fluffy and fold in the whip topping. Evenly spread over the pumpkin mixture. Top with the remaining whipped topping. Lastly, sprinkle with the walnuts and pumpkin pie spice. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
Prep and Storage Tips for Pumpkin Lush
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME
This Pumpkin Lush can be made the day before and store in the refrigerator.
HOW TO STORE THIS RECIPE
Store in the refrigerator for up to five days. Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
HOW TO FREEZE THIS RECIPE
This pumpkin lasagna recipe can be frozen. Keep in the freezer for up to four months in an airtight container.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pumpkin Cheesecake Lasagna
Use fat free or dairy free ingredients also try gluten free ingredient for this pumpkin lush.
The crush can be made with graham cracker crumbs or vanilla wafers.
Of course, try making in an 8×8 pan for a half version or use additional baking pans and make several.
Pumpkin puree is just cooked pumpkin while the pumpkin pie filling has all the ingredients for the pie in the can such as spices and other additives.
Expert Tips for Making This Pumpkin Lush Recipe
- Add Different Nuts: Try adding slivered almonds or even chopped pecans.
- Individual Pumpkin Lasagnas: Make individual versions of this dish in little ramekins for this creamy pumpkin dessert.
- Variation tip: Top with chips, butterscotch chips, toffee bits, chocolate chips or even shaved chocolate. Drizzle the pumpkin dessert recipe with a little caramel sauce.
- Dietary consideration tip: Use sugar free pudding it has great pumpkin flavor too. Try a sugar substitute for the powder sugar.
What to Serve with Pumpkin Lush
Did you try this recipe?
⭐ Click below to leave a review and rating! ⭐
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 6.8 ounces instant vanilla pudding, 2 3.4 boxes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup powered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping, divide
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pre-heat oven 325 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together butter, flour and 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let crust cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix together pudding with milk until thick.
- Stir in pumpkin puree; spread over cooled crust.
- Beat powdered sugar and cream cheese together until fluffy.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread evenly over pumpkin mixture.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Garnish with remaining chopped walnuts and sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Add Different Nuts: Try adding slivered almonds or even pecans.
- Individual Pumpkin Lasagnas: Make individual versions of this dish in little ramekins,
- Variation tip: Top with chips, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips or even shaved chocolate.
- Dietary consideration tip: Use sugar free pudding. Try a sugar substitute for the powder sugar.