These Baked Healthy Tortilla Chips are a healthy homemade snack that you can make for your family where you can control all the ingredients and make the best possible choices for the needs of your family.
This crispy, crunchy chips is so much tastier than the store-bought version. So you can eat the heathiest snack to your family.
This baked healthy tortilla chip is perfect for whatever you like. It is the perfect make at home chips that is fresh, crisp and perfect for using with all your favorite toppings and dips.
If you are like me and hate waste, you will love this recipe to use up your leftover tortillas. That is how this tasty chip came to be.
Why We Love This Healthy Crispy Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips Recipe
These chips are the perfect snack because you can make them however you want with and seasonings and toppings that you like. What could be better?
- Quick and Easy: These fresh chips can be made any time.
- Easy Ingredients: All found in pantry. You only need a few things.
- Family Friendly: If they love crunchy snacks then these chips are perfect.
- Adaptable: Can make it with different flavors of tortillas and seasoning.
Ingredient Notes for Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Tortilla: This is where you can really change things up, use whole wheat, low carb, corn tortillas, whatever you like.
- Olive Oil: Or a good neutral vegetable oil or spray.
- All Purpose Seasoning: A perfect blend of salt, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
See my recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Variations and Substitutions for the Baked Tortilla Chips
Sometimes you just crave something savory and crispy and crunchy but often those things are not the healthiest for you. This recipe allows you to create your own perfect snack chip without compromising you health goals.
- Tortillas: Make white corn tortilla chips, yellow corn tortilla chips, whole wheat tortilla chips just by switching out the flavor of the tortilla.
- Seasoning: This simple recipe can be made by just using a little sea salt or use chili powder or other spices for this healthier snack.
- Cooking variation: Tortilla chips in the air fryer. You can easily make an air fried tortilla chip. Set air fryer to 350 degrees and place the tortillas triangles in a single layer and cook on each side for roughly 3 minutes. Cook times vary between machines.
How to Make Homemade Tortilla Chips
This quick and easy recipe for healthy homemade tortilla chips takes minutes. Therefore, any time you want a snack, you can have these chips.
These are the basic steps for making corn tortilla chips. Refer to the full, printable recipe card below for detailed instructions nutritional values, and serving size.
Step 1: Cut
First, cut your leftover tortillas into 8 wedges.
Step 2: Oil
Then lay wedges on a baking sheet and brush or spritz with a light coating of olive oil
Step 3: Sprinkle and Bake
Next, sprinkle the tortilla chips with the All-purpose seasoning and bake for 5-7 minutes at 400 degrees until crisp. Turn once during the cooking process.
Recipe FAQs about the Baked Healthy Tortilla Chips
Expert Tips for Making This Healthy Crunchy Snack Recipe
What to Serve with Baked Healthy Tortilla Chips
Baked Healthy Tortilla Chips
- 8 Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- All Purpose Seasoning
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
This recipe is my personal adaption of an ethnic-inspired recipe. It is not intended to be an authentic recipe. I’ve recreated this recipe because I enjoy the flavors and I want to encourage my readers to expand their tastes and try new flavor combinations. The recipe, ingredients, and processes may have been adapted to make the recipe accessible to the average American. I have provided links to authentic versions of the recipe in the post above. I encourage you to visit these pages and learn more about the traditional version(s) of this recipe.