This easy Turkey Chili is a quick and healthy recipe that is sure to warm you up.
This winter has been quite mild for northeast PA. However, we had our first measurable snow fall this weekend and that made me want to cook. Not that I need much coaxing when it comes to cooking.
I also made a big pot of this easy Turkey Chili. There is nothing like a big pot of chili to warm you up on a cold, winter day. It warms you up from the inside out.
I love how easy this recipe is to make. There isn’t much hands on time and you can easily make a big batch and freeze some for a quick meal later on down the road.
This recipe uses ground turkey, but you could easily swap ground chicken or even ground beef. It’s great either way.
I use my homemade House Seasoning blend in this recipe. Actually, I use it in most everything that I make that calls for salt and pepper. I love the way it amps up the flavor. I also use my homemade Taco Seasoning blend in this recipe. Again, I love the extra flavor compared to the store-bought variety. Plus, I can control what goes into it.
I also recommend using a good quality pot for this recipe. I really like the even heat you get when cooking in a Dutch oven. This is the one I use and love.
Easy Turkey Chili
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon house seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 oz can Ro-Tel tomatoes and diced chilis 10
- 1 oz can crushed tomatoes 28
- 1 oz can kidney beans 16
- 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons house seasoning
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add turkey, onion and bell pepper and 1 teaspoon of House Seasoning; cook until turkey is cooked through and onions and peppers are softened.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- Add Ro-Tel, crushed tomatoes and kidney beans; stir to combine.
- Add taco seasoning, oregano, chili powder, sugar and remaining House Seasoning; stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/