These Orange Yogurt Muffins are an easy breakfast recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes.
I love making big batches of muffins to stick in our freezer and have on hand for a quick breakfast in the mornings. I’ve made lemon muffins before but I had a ton of oranges from a friends tree lying around and I figured I should try my trusty old recipe with oranges instead this time. I loved them!
These muffins are a little more dense than your traditional muffin because of the yogurt but I don’t mind. Plus I like knowing that the Greek yogurt adds protein to my morning. I often am grabbing one for the road as I shuffle my kids out the door.
I love having go to options in my freezer that I know are a healthier alternative to something I could get from a fast food place or some not too tasty store bought ones. Some of our other favorites are Healthy Double Chocolate Pancakes or Apple Cinnamon Doughnuts (which are baked and more of a muffin in doughnut form as my husband likes to remind me. I love this Instant Pot Orange Marmalade recipe too!
How do you make sure you get breakfast in the morning?
Orange Yogurt Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 orange, zested, and juiced (about ¼ cup juice)
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp lemon extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Whisk the dry ingredients together, including the lemon zest, in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently but quickly stir it all together. A few lumps are okay and definitely don’t overmix.
- Scoop batter into a greased muffin tin or into liners in a muffin pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes until muffins are golden. Cool for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- I store these with no liners in the freezer in a Ziploc bag. They reheat well in the microwave or just when left out to thaw.