These Blueberry Streusel Muffins are melt in your mouth amazing! These muffins are all that you want out of a bakery style treat! Check out all my blueberry recipes – they are just as delicious!
Why This Recipe for Blueberry Streusel Muffins Works
Blueberry Streusel Muffins are the easiest and most delicious breakfast baked goodness there is. We are always looking for easy to fix breakfast and these are it! The fresh blueberries inside are completely mouthwatering. I am a huge fan of muffins so when I say these are irresistible I am not kidding!
How to make easy blueberry muffins?
If you are wondering just what the trick is to making these easy blueberry muffins just like your favorite bakery then you are in luck. I am a fan of muffins with BIG tops. The bigger the better because, after all it is the best part. To make this happen fill your muffin tins to the top. Also another trick to bakery style blueberry muffins all comes with texture. Don’t over mix the flour to keep things light and airy.
How to Make The Best Blueberry Muffins
Making the best blueberry muffins doesn’t require anything fancy. Aside from your regular ingredients of flour, sugar, baking soda, and eggs you will need buttermilk, lemon zest, and blueberries. The best blueberry muffins of course need the best blueberries! If you love these blueberry streusel muffins you will love all my other blueberry recipes too!
Sifting the dry ingredients together is the best way to start baking up these goodies. Don’t get ahead of yourself and add the blueberries until the very end! Fold them into the batter once it is all mixed up and poured into the tins.
Expert Tips for Making Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins
Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins are easy and simple and here are my tips for making them the best blueberry muffins ever!
- Don’t over mix.
- Grease the entire muffin pan, including the top so the muffin tops don’t stick.
- Add blueberries at the end and gently fold in.
- Use a scoop to get even amounts in every muffin.
Variations for Making Blueberry Muffin Recipe
This blueberry muffin recipe can be easily adapted to fit your taste buds. If you are not in the mood for just blueberries try out these other options!
- Toss in some pecans or almonds for a nutty flavor.
- Sweeten things up with chocolate chips.
- Try raspberries for even more berries!
- Slather it with my Copycat Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Honey Butter!
Tools Use to Make Blueberry Streusel Muffins:
Silicon Muffin Liners: To avoid muffin paper liners try out a washable, reuseable muffin liner that is completely non-stick too.
Muffins Papers: Here are some cute muffin papers that are perfect for even baking!
More Blueberry Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the blueberry recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with Crisco, including the top of the pan. If using paper liners you can skip greasing the muffin cups, but still grease the top of the pan.
- Prepare the streusel topping in a small bowl; mix together the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Stir in the melted butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar.
- Add eggs to the sugar mixture, one at a time.
- Add the buttermilk, lemon zest and vanilla and whisk until fully combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients using a rubber spatula and stir until just combined. Be careful to not over-mix the batter – it will be lumpy.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly into 12 muffins, making sure to completely fill the cups to the top.
- Top each muffin with streusel topping.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425.
- Reduce oven to 375 and bake for an additional 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- This Recipe Can be Doubled: Great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and split it into two baking dishes before baking. Or freeze some for a treat for later.
- Add Nuts: Crunch is nice in the muffins therefore add some walnuts almonds or pecans.
- Chips: Milk, dark or white chocolate chips are all fabulous in this recipe.
- Variation tip: Feel free to add as many tips as you need in this section
- Alternate ingredient: Feel free to add another berry like raspberries to the mix.
- Fill: Always fill to the top for bakery style lare muffins.
- Serve: Top with cream, more berries or Easy Cinnamon Honey Butter or this Homemade Butter.