This Tex Mex Quinoa Bowl is an easy salad recipe that is loaded with flavor, texture and goodness. Plus, it has an amazing dressing that brings it all together.
A few months ago, I was at a food blogging conference and had an amazing salad. It’s funny because, of all of the decadent and crazy good food I ate during the conference (Peanut Butter Lava Cake anyone?!?!), this salad was the one thing that I couldn’t get off my mind.
Seriously, I thought about it the entire flight home.
At the conference, this quinoa bowl was set up like a salad bar. We each took a bowl filled with greens and quinoa and then added our favorite toppings.
All of my toppings centered around Tex-Mex flavors like black beans and avocado and it was all topped off with the tart juice from a few lime wedges.
It was unbelievable!
When I recreated this recipe at home, it kicked it up a few notches. I focused solely on Tex Mex flavors – like buttery avocado.
When you pile all of this deliciousness into a big bowl atop a bed of peppery arugula, something magical happens. All of the flavors and textures become one.
It really is the perfect balance of flavor and texture. And, I can’t think of a better lunch or light supper!
If you are looking for an easy way to make quinoa, check out how I make quinoa in my rice cooker!
More Recipes You Might Like
- Brussels Sprout Apple Salad
- Strawberry Pecan Quinoa Bowl
- Wheatberry Farro Salad
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy healthy recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Tex Mex Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ cup prepared quinoa
- ¼ cup avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup black beans
- ¼ cup corn
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette to taste
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- When quinoa is done cooking, spread it on a rimmed baking sheet and place it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Meanwhile, place arugula in bowl.
- Top with avocado, cheese, beans, corn and onions.
- Add cooled quinoa to bowl and top with vinaigrette.