I remember the first time my mom made this recipe. We were going on a little road trip to Washington DC and she sent along with a bag of this brittle for us to snack on during the trip.
I don’t think we made it out of Pennsylvania before the entire bag was devoured.
It is the perfect combination of salty and sweet. And, it goes perfectly with a big cup of coffee. There is just something about the combination of chocolate, pecans, and coffee.
It really is the perfect balance of flavor and texture. And, my family cannot get enough of these! I highly recommend making a double batch!
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
Looking for more? Check out all of the easy Christmas recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
- 2 sleeves of saltine crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Place crackers in a single layer, covering the entire baking sheet.
- Boil butter and sugar for one minute; pour over crackers.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from over and quickly place chocolate chips on top in a single layer.
- As chocolate chips melt, spread into an even coating.
- Refrigerate until hard (at least 30 minutes) and break into pieces.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/