I remember the first time my mom made this recipe. We were going on a little road trip to Washington DC and she sent along with a bag of this brittle for us to snack on during the trip.
I don’t think we made it out of Pennsylvania before the entire bag was devoured.
It is the perfect combination of salty and sweet. And, it goes perfectly with a big cup of coffee. There is just something about the combination of chocolate, pecans, and coffee.
It really is the perfect balance of flavor and texture. And, my family cannot get enough of these! I highly recommend making a double batch!
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
Looking for more? Check out all of the easy Christmas recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Chocolate and Pecan BrittlePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 sleeves of saltine crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans - chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Place crackers in a single layer, covering the entire baking sheet.
- Boil butter and sugar for one minute; pour over crackers.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from over and quickly place chocolate chips on top in a single layer.
- As chocolate chips melt, spread into an even coating.
- Refrigerate until hard (at least 30 minutes) and break into pieces.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.