Blueberry Cream Pie is that perfect combination of cream and summer fruit. It is light and refreshing, tart and a supper dessert for summer.
There is just something dreamy about the combination of blueberry sauce with bursts of fresh berries.. And the topping…well, that’s dreamy all by itself! No wonder this pie is such a hit.
Blueberry pie is synonymous with a perfect summer. Get more summer Dishes to enjoy!
MORE BLUEBERRY RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Blueberry Icebox Pie Recipe
A creamy dreamy pie that you will be asked to make over and over again. This dessert is packed with blueberries, which are so beneficial, find the facts here.
- Super Easy to Make: Takes no time at all to make this cream blueberry pie.
- Easy Ingredients: All found in pantry or the fridge.
- Family Friendly: Truly a perennial favorite with everyone who loves blueberries.
- Makes Great Leftovers: Hard to have leftovers but if you do, they are fantastic.
Ingredient Notes for Blueberry No Bake Pie
- Pie Shell: Buy one or use this Crisco Pie Crust.
- Fresh Blueberries: 4 cups, divided.
- Instant Tapioca: This is the thickening agent.
- Vanilla Pudding: One box of Instant Vanilla Pudding.
- Whipped Cream: Cool Whip is the variety for this recipe.
Equipment Needed for Blueberry Cream Pie Recipe
How to Make Recipe for Blueberry Cream Pie
These are the basic steps for making creamy blueberry pie. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions and nutrition information.
STEP 1: COOK
First, in a saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups blueberries, sugar and tapioca over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Once the sauce starts to thicken, remove blueberry pie filling from heat. Off the heat, add remaining 2 1/2 cups of blueberries and stir to combine.
STEP 2: WHISK
Next, pour into baked and cooled pie shell and refrigerate. Meanwhile, whisk together pudding and milk until thickened. Fold in Cool Whip.
STEP 3: TOP
Finally, top blueberries with pudding mixture and chill for at least 2 hours.
Prep and Storage Tips for Blueberry Cream Pie Recipe
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME
Make ahead of time, it is best when it is given a little time to sit. Make the pie filling ahead of time and assemble when ready.
HOW TO STORE THIS RECIPE
This pie and any leftovers should be tightly or in an airtight container and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
HOW TO FREEZE THIS RECIPE
This blueberry cream pie will last up to six months in the freezer if wrapped well.
Frequently Asked Questions for Blueberry Cool Whip Pie
Indeed, low fat or fat free cool whip can be used for this recipe. Also, a sugar substitute can be used for this recipe along with sugar free instant pudding.
Of course, that is perfect for this pie recipe.
Above all, any berry, such as, strawberries or even mixed berries are also good for this Cream Pie.
Cream cheese, plain greek yogurt or sour cream or a combination of these can replace the pudding for the cream pies.
Expert Tips for Making This Blueberry Pie Easy Recipe
- Add Lemon: Truly, lemon juice or lemon zest enhances this recipe.
- Short cut tip: Use a prebaked crust or graham cracker crust from the grocery store.
- Variation tip: Of course, frozen berries are also great to use for this tempting dessert.
- Dietary consideration tip: Really, some low calorie versions can be a great replacement or try using a gluten free pie crust.
What to Serve with Blueberry Cream Pie
Did you try this recipe?
⭐ Click below to leave a review and rating! ⭐
Blueberry Cream Pie
- In a saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups blueberries, sugar and tapioca over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Once the sauce starts to thicken, remove sauce from heat.
- Off the heat, add remaining 2 1/2 cups of blueberries and stir to combine.
- Pour into baked and cooled pie shell and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, whisk together pudding and milk until thickened.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Top blueberries with pudding mixture and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Add Lemon: Lemon juice or lemon zest can be added to this recipe.
- Short cut tip: Prebaked crust or graham cracker crust from the grocery store can also be used.
- Variation tip: Frozen berries can be used.
- Dietary consideration tip: Low calorie versions can be ready and a gluten free pie crust can be used.