This Skillet Lemon Chicken is one of my favorite quick and easy recipes. It’s perfect for busy weeknights.
Want to know one of my secrets to making a healthy homemade dinner in 30 minutes?
Thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I like to use chicken breasts that are about 1/2 inch thick. I’ve found that this is the perfect type for quick cooking meals.
I usually stock up on them when we’re at the butcher so that I have some on hand any time I need to make dinner quickly.
Some of my favorite quick and easy dinner ideas using boneless, skinless chicken breasts include this Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken recipe, this Honey Ginger Chicken and this Skillet Balsamic Chicken.
All of these can be made in 30 minutes or less, just like these easy Skillet Lemon Chicken.
This Skillet Lemon Chicken is incredibly flavorful. The sauce really takes it over the top. It goes perfectly with rice or my easy Parmesan Orzo and a side of broccoli.
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Skillet Lemon Chicken
- 4 inch thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1/2 thick
- House Seasoning Blend
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup finely diced shallots, or onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3-4 slices lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Season both sides of the chicken with House Seasoning blend.
- Heat olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides - about 2-3 minutes per side; remove chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add shallots; saute for 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper to skillet and saute for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth, wine and lemon juice to the skillet; use a whisk to scrape the browned bits from the bottom.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce reduces to 1/2 cup.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter and half and half. Whisk until combined.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and place in preheated oven for 8 minutes (or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees)
- Remove skillet from oven and serve with chopped parsley and lemon slices.
2. Salt and pepper can be substituted for House Seasoning Blend.