Get ready to have your socks knocked off! If you love quick, easy recipes that will have your taste buds singing, look no further then this delicious Skillet Ginger Chicken.
I love an easy healthy chicken recipe that is simple but taste so incredible that you can serve it to your family any night of the week or present it to your guests at a dinner party and everyone is equally pleased and impressed.
Why This Skillet Ginger Chicken Recipe Works
This quick easy chicken recipe works because it takes one pan and only a few ingredients that are pantry staples. It has that delicious sweet and gingery flavor that is very satisfying. The thin chicken breast cutlets are browned on the stove top and then finished in the oven so the meat stays tender and juicy. Plus, it makes an amazing sauce that goes perfectly over rice!
How to Make Easy Ginger Chicken – Step by Step
- Step One: Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper on both sides(Photo 1 below)
- Step Two: Add 2 tablespoons butter to a large oven-proof skillet and melt over medium high heat. (Photo 2 below)
- Step Three: Then add chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside. (Photo 3 below)
- Step Four: Next add remaining tablespoon butter to the skillet and melt. Add garlic, shallots and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat (Photo 4 below)
- Step Five: Stir in honey, Dijon mustard and crushed red pepper until combined. (Photo 5 below)
- Step Six: Return chicken to the skillet.Finally, place skillet into oven and roast until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 20 minutes. (Photo 6 below)
What Kind of Chicken is Used to Make this Skillet Chicken
I love to use chicken breast for this recipe. You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs too.
How to Peel Fresh Ginger
Honey Ginger Chicken really benefits from fresh ginger. However, many people don’t know how to peel it. These simple steps can help. Elise Bauer at Simple Recipes has a great tutorial and video here.
- You can peel ginger with a spoon. Ginger is fibrous. The fibers are in the direction of the root of the ginger and its lobes. First, hold a piece of ginger root firmly in one hand and the bowl of a metal spoon firmly in the other hand.
- Next, scrape the edge of the spoon against the ginger to peel off the skin. Hint: The ginger will last longer if it is stored with the peel on.
- Then slice the peeled area of the ginger root, across the grain of the fibers, into coins.
- If your recipe calls for chopped garlic. Line up the coins and slice into matchsticks.
- Then, finally chop these sticks into pieces.
- The easiest way to grate ginger is keep it wrapped in plastic wrap and pull out when you need to grate your ginger. Great across the grain of the fiber.
Expert Tips for Making the Best Ginger Chicken
- Try adding Soy Sauce to up the Asian Flavor.
- Serve with Rice or Rice Cauliflower.
- Make this dish an Asian experience by serving with my Asian Salad and Thai Ginger Carrots.
SHOP THIS RECIPE
- My favorite Skillet.
- Easily grate fresh ginger with this.
- A meat thermometer is a necessity in my kitchen.
MORE QUICK EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
- Skillet Lemon Chicken
- Skillet Balsamic Chicken
- Garlic Honey Glazed Chicken
- 30 Minute Bruschetta Chicken
Looking for more? Check out all of the Easy 30 Minute Recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Skillet Ginger Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper on both sides
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to a large oven-proof skillet and melt over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon butter to the skillet and melt.
- Add garlic, shallots and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Stir in honey, Dijon mustard and crushed red pepper until combined.
- Return chicken to the skillet.
- Place skillet into oven and roast until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and whisk in chicken stock to desired consistency.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/