This recipe for Easy Parmesan Orzo is one of my favorite easy side dishes.
Easy Side Dishes: Easy Parmesan Orzo
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a small saucepan combine the orzo and butter.
- Melt the butter and stir regularly, lightly toasting the orzo.
- Pour in the broth and add garlic powder.
- Heat over low heat, stirring regularly, until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the cheese until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle parsley over top if desired .
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.