If you are looking for an easy chicken breast recipe that will have your family begging for more, look no further! This Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken is incredibly good and only takes 30 minutes to make.
Do you ever get into recipe ruts? I do. Even though I’m always making new things for It Is a Keeper, there are times when I find that our dinners are getting very blah.
My family loves chicken, especially boneless, skinless chicken breast. But, it can get kind of boring. So I’m always thinking of new ways to make it.
That’s how this recipe came about.
The result was tender, juicy chicken dripping in a sweet, garlicky sauce.
Seriously, I wanted to eat the sauce with a spoon. Right from the pan.
The best part was the entire recipe was ready in 30 minutes. It’s the perfect easy weeknight recipe.
And, my family could not get enough of this dish. They scarfed up every last bit.
And, if there were left-overs (which there wasn’t), it would be so good sliced up on a salad or shredded and turned into chicken sandwiches.
That’s it! Next time, I’m making twice as much, just so I have leftovers!
Get this easy chicken breast recipe:
Honey Glazed Chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to a large oven-proof skillet and melt over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon butter to the skillet and melt.
- Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, honey, oregano, thyme, basil and crushed red pepper until combined.
- Return chicken to the skillet.
- Place skillet into oven and roast until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 20 minutes.
- Double the Recipe. You can make this dish in batches and use the leftovers to top on salads or in tacos.
- Use Wings: This Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken will make an excellent addition to your football parties. You can serve your favorite bone in wings with this sauce or cut the boneless chicken breast up and serve them as chicken bites.
- Like it Spicy?: Feel free to add a little more kick with some extra red pepper flake or a splash of your favorite hot sauce. Not a fan of spice. Eliminate the red pepper flakes.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.
If you like this recipe, you will love these other 30 minute recipes:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper: