Who doesn’t love Jello? Whether you’re looking for a vintage recipe like grandma made or a new twist on a classic, this collection has what you’re looking for!
Whether it’s for a holiday dessert or an easy snack, Jello salad recipes are one of my favorite treats. You can find Jello salads in almost any flavor. Some are even made with pretzels.
I have fond memories of my grandmother and mother making a Jello mold for every single holiday meal and potluck. If you’ve never had this retro dessert, you need to give it a try.
What is a Jello Mold
The term Jello Mold may sound bizarre (at least it did to me the first time I heard the term) but the result is a delicious gelatin based dessert. It’s a layered dessert made with flavored gelatin, fruit, like fresh strawberries, bananas, crushed pineapple, other ingredients, such as marshmallows, and a creamy component – such as a cream cheese layer or cottage cheese.
The concoction is poured into a ring mold (like these) to set into beautiful dessert. You can serve it topped with whipping cream, Cool Whip or enjoy it plain.
There are so many different varieties of this quintessential recipe. I’ve compiled over 25 types of Jell-o recipes and desserts.
How to Make a Gelatin Salad
The instructions for making a gelatin salad is quite easy. Most recipes start by using a whisk to combine flavored gelatin (Orange Jello is my favorite) with water – usually a combination of cold water and hot water – in a large bowl. Then fold in other ingredients, like fruit, into the mixing bowl. If you’re adding a creamy component, that usually gets added last.
Jello Recipes with Fruit
For a simple treat that’s full of flavor, try a Jello recipe with fruit. It’s almost like a fruit salad suspended in fruity gelatin. The possibilities are endless, but here are a few recipes to get you started.
- Fruit Studded Jello Salad: Mix it with your favorite fruit and you’ll have a perfect dessert!
- Strawberry Jello Salad: So light and refreshing!
- Layered Blueberry Jello Salad: This is summer, in jello form!
- Mandarin Orange Fluff Jello Salad: You won’t feel any guilt with this fruity jello salad!
- Cherry Jello Pretzel Salad: A pretzel twist to your jello!
- Raspberry Vanilla Jello Salad: This dessert will make you smile!
- Spiced Peach Jello Salad: This will taste like summertime in your mouth!
- Sea foam Salad (Creamy Pear Jello): This creamy seafoam will have you begging for more!
- Creamy Raspberry Jello Salad: This is my favorite jello recipe!
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Jello Salad: Creamy and smooth!
Jello Mold Recipes
You can put anything into these Jello mold recipes! Get fun and creative with ingredients and stir them in. The best part is that you can eat it afterward!
- Strawberry and Chocolate Jello Mold: Combining two of a classic dessert!
- Cranberry Jello Salad Mold: Tart, Sweet and Delicious!
- Fizzy Berries Jello Mold: These molds can hold anything you want!
- Snowy Raspberry Gelatin Mold: A fun, kid-friendly snack!
- Orange Creamsicle Jello Mold: This will be the new summer fan favorite!
- Strawberry Jello Mold: A fun way to serve your jello!
- Pineapple Orange Fruit Mold: A fun way to eat your fruit!
- Blueberry Yogurt Jello Mold: Perfect for any occasion!
- Orange Sherbert Jello Salad Mold: It tastes just like the ice cream!
- Margi Gras Jello Mold: A classic holiday favorite!
More Easy Jello Salad Recipes
Try out these innovative different Jello Salad recipes. Simple to make and fun to eat.
- Red Hot Jello Salad: Get spicy with this flaming jello recipe!
- Pistachio Fluff Salad: So fluffy, you’ll want more!
- Layered Ribbon Jell-O Salad: Layered with delicious perfection!
- 7 Up Jello Salad: There’s nothing sweeter than having soda in your jello!
- Lemon Lime Jello Salad: A family favorite you won’t forget!
- Caramel Apple Jello Salad: This will bring back childhood memories!
- Dr. Pepper Jello Salad: You’re favorite soda now in jello form!
Other Jello Desserts
Try out these other fun Jello desserts! They are such easy dishes to make.
- Mosaic Jello: Fun and colorful for the whole family!
- Creamy Lime Jello Parfaits: A tangy snack with light preparation and a sweet reward!
- Fruit Cocktail Fluff: So fresh and fluffy!
- Strawberry Fluff: This strawberry fluff is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- Lime Dinner Jell-O: So creamy, you’ll fall in love!
- Watergate Salad: Add this dessert to any meal to make it extra special!
- Pistachio Lush: Prepare yourself for this taste sensation with a nutty crust.
- Whipped Jello Mandarin Orange Mousse: Combine citrus with creamy and you will get the perfect dessert!
- Ambrosia Salad: A classic dessert salad you don’t want to miss out on!
- Banana Split Fluff Salad: You can making anything into a banana split!
- Pina Colada Fluff: The great taste that you love!
- Peach Fluff Salad: So easy all you have to do is mix and serve!
Shop This Recipe
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the easy desserts on It Is a Keeper.