Philly Cheese Steak Pasta is the best combination of two of my favorite meals. A delicious creamy, cheesy, pasta dish and a decadent philly cheese steak.
This Philly Cheese Steak Pasta is the great unifier. Everyone will come running to the table to be the first to dip into this scrumptious pasta.
Who invented the Philly Cheese Steak and who makes the best? That is open to some debate but find a brief history here.
Why Philly Cheese Steak Alfredo Pasta Recipe Works
If you had describe a perfect meal, this philly cheese steak alfredo pasta recipe might just be it. Perfect for any night of the week it will have your crowd cheering for more.
How to Make Steak and Pasta Recipe – Step by Step
- In a Skillet : First, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat then add onions and peppers and season with 1 teaspoon of House Seasoning Blend.
- Saute: Second, saute for 5 minutes or until onions and peppers soften then add garlic and stir for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Remove peppers, onions and garlic from pan and set aside.
- Add Beef: Return skillet to burner and heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Season beef with remaining teaspoon of House Seasoning Blend. Cook beef for 3-5 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- Simmer: Turn heat down to simmer and add cooked vegetables, Alfredo sauce and pasta to the skillet; stir and then for 10 minutes.
- Cheese: Finally, right before serving, top with provolone cheese and add lid to allow cheese to melt.
LOVE PASTA RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Looking for more? Check out all of the Quick and Easy Meal Ideas on It Is a Keeper.
Recommendations for Making Philly Cheese Steak Pasta Dish
The key to making this recipe is build layers of flavors. I start by cooking the peppers, onions and garlic then move on to the beef. Doing this allows the beef to take on the flavor of the peppers, onion and garlic. In my opinion, there is no better flavor combination!
Now for the best part, specifically, the cheese. You get it from the alfredo sauce, jarred is great or alternatively make your own. Lastly, I topped the entire skillet with thin slices of provolone – it took this easy Philly Cheese Steak recipe over the top.
What Type of Beef is Best?
Traditionalist always use ribeye, well-marbled and tender when cooked. It is ideal. However, you can really use any type of beef, the true key to the success of this dish is the paper thin cut. Most supermarkets and butchers will offer a nice shaved beef to utilize in this dish.
If you plan to shave your own at home, this is a great article to check out.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
- Instant Pot Queso with Meat
- One Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- 20 Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipes
- Cooking For Two Essentials
Expert Tips for Making the Best Philly Cheese steak Pasta
- Pasta: Ideally, a pasta shape that has lots of nooks and crannies for the sauce to grab on to. Campanelle is great and I loved how the steak and peppers would nestle into the folds.
- Peppers: Mix of red and green bell peppers for great color and flavor.
- Beef: Make sure your beef is sliced very thin. In order to ensure that it stays tender when cooking.
- Careful: Don’t over cook the beef. Truky, it is better to take it out of the pan while it’s a little under cooked. Important to realize that it will have time to cook a little more in the sauce.
Shop This Recipe
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Philly Cheese Steak Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons House Seasoning Blend, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds boneless ribeye, thinly sliced
- 15 oz Creamy Alfredo sauce
- 1 pound pasta, cooked and drained
- ½ cup reserved pasta cooking water
- 5 slices provolone cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions and peppers and season with 1 teaspoon of House Seasoning Blend.
- Saute for 5 minutes or until onions and peppers soften.
- Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Remove peppers, onions and garlic from pan and set aside.
- Return skillet to burner and heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Season beef with remaining teaspoon of House Seasoning Blend.
- Saute beef for 3-5 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- Turn heat down to simmer and add cooked vegetables, Alfredo sauce and pasta to the skillet; stir to combine.
- Simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to come together. If sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water to thin sauce to desired consistency.
- Right before serving, top with provolone cheese and add lid to allow cheese to melt.
- Pasta: Use a pasta shape that has lots of nooks and crannies for the sauce to grab on to. I used Campanelle and loved how the steak and peppers would nestle into the folds.
- Peppers: Try a mix of red and green bell peppers for great color and flavor.
- Beef: Make sure your beef is sliced very thin. This will ensure that it stays tender when cooking.
- Careful: Don’t over cook the beef. It’s better to take it out of the pan while it’s a little under cooked. It will have time to cook a little more in the sauce.
14 thoughts on “Philly Cheese Steak Pasta”
The perfect mix of cheesy pasta and steak! This is a real 5 star recipe.
I had never considered blending Philly cheese steaks and pasta until your post. What a great idea! The cheesy pasta with steak was a filling comfort food supper!
A yummy, easy to make take on Philly cheese steak!
My family loves this pasta! So creamy and filling!
Oh boy this recipe was a hit before I even got it on the table! It was super quick and easy for me to make and my picky kids loved it. That’s the winning combination!
Anything with Philly cheesesteak in the title has to be amazing. All of those cheesy noodles, and that amazing steak look delicious and I love that you used Alfredo sauce to add some creaminess.
This is such a great idea! I love anything with gooey cheese.
These are some of our favorite ingredients all combined into one awesome meal! Such a stroke of genius!
Love the cheesy steak goodness in this recipe. Brilliant!
I love the idea of combining philly cheese steak and pasta! What an awesome dinner recipe!
I had to come back to give this recipe a 5 Star rating!
This is a great weeknight meal! Fast, easy, PASTA! 🙂 This is definitely a “keeper” 🙂
I made this last week because it’s two of my favorites combined into one meal! I’m so glad I did….it was delicious!
This Philly cheese steak pasta was a total hit at my house! It’s so cheesy, satisfying and delicious. Another fantastic recipe from your beautiful blog!