This recipe is a fun twist on the best Philly Cheese Steak recipe. It’s easy to make and incredibly delicious. You have to try this Philly Cheese Steak Pasta.
My family loves Philly cheese steaks. There’s something about the tender grilled beef, charred onions and peppers and gooey cheese all nestled inside of a roll that’s slightly crispy on the outside but soft and tender on the inside.
No greasy, fried frozen steaks here. We’re talking real beef sliced uber thin and grilled to perfection.
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Bertolli®.
This 30 minute pasta dish is what you would get if best Philly Cheese Steak recipe and a pasta with a creamy sauce had a baby. It’s like heaven on a plate. Kind of like my family’s favorite Philly Cheese Steak Soup.
This Philly Cheese Steak Pasta has become one of my family’s favorite 30 minute recipes. It’s perfect for busy weeknights and bursting with authentic flavor.
The key to making this recipe is build layers of flavors. I start by cooking the peppers, onions and garlic then move on to the beef. Doing this allows the beef to take on the flavor of the peppers, onion and garlic. And, in my opinion, there is no better flavor combination!
Next, comes the cheesiness. Traditionally, the best Philly Cheese Steak recipe are very particular about their cheese. Any old cheese won’t do.
To make this recipe, I used the NEW Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce that was recently launched. It’s one of the first nationally branded organic Alfredo sauces in the category.
It gave me a super creamy and flavorful pasta sauce. Then I topped the entire skillet with thin slices of provolone – it took this easy Philly Cheese Steak recipe over the top.
I love that Bertolli only uses natural ingredients that are non-GMO and USDA organic to make their pasta sauces. They use organic ingredients, like fresh cream, milk, real butter, and aged Parmesan and Romano cheeses.
The quality of their ingredients is what adds such a rich, authentic flavor to your recipes.
This easy Philly Cheese Steak recipe for pasta has only a few simple ingredients. That’s what makes it a great easy weeknight meal. You won’t spend a lot of time prepping.
One of my best tips for building flavorful recipes is to cook with only a few quality ingredients – it’s the Tuscan way of cooking.
The Tuscan Way of cooking is the guiding philosophy for how Bertolli brand creates all of its sauces. They use only few quality ingredients, lightly cooked with olive oil to lock in layers of flavor. It’s how Bertolli pasta sauce helps to bring Tuscany to your table.
Tips for Making Philly Cheese Steak Pasta
- Use a pasta shape that has lots of nooks and crannies for the sauce to grab on to. I used Campanelle and loved how the steak and peppers would nestle into the folds.
- Use a mix of red and green bell peppers for great color and flavor.
- Make sure your beef is sliced very thin. This will ensure that it stays tender when cooking.
- Make sure you don’t over cook the beef. It’s better to take it out of the pan while it’s a little under cooked. It will have time to cook a little more in the sauce.
Flavor Ideas for this Easy Philly Cheese Steak Recipe for Pasta
- This recipe is very flexible. You can add more (or less) onions and peppers according to your taste. Next time, I’m going to add some hot Italian peppers (like my Grandpa used to do).
- Add mushrooms! They’re a favorite topping on Philly Cheese Steaks. They’d be perfect in this recipe, too.
- If you like the sweetness of tomatoes on your cheese steak, add a little Bertolli® Organic Fire Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce. The new Bertolli Organic Creamy Alfredo sauce mixes well with the many other
Bertolli Organic Tomato Based sauces to create a unique and customizable Rosa Sauce. Check out these inspired recipes.
Looking for More Easy Skillet Recipes