Instant Pot BBQ Chicken is a tender, sumptuous, chicken dish slathered in barbecue sauce prepared in a short time. Perfect for those busy weeknight meals when time is of the essence but you don’t want to sacrifice on taste.
If you want crowd pleasing, simple, and oh so flavorful chicken, then this bbq instant pot chicken is it! am totally game for chicken straight off the grill but actually, this pressure cooker barbeque chicken breast is one of the best barbeque chicken recipes ever! To tell the truth, it is so quick and easy.
Why BBQ Instant Pot Chicken Recipe Works
This deliciously easy instant pot barbeque chicken recipe uses chicken thighs coated in a house blend seasoning and cooked in an Instant Pot in a savory barbeque sauce. As a matter of fact, only 3 ingredients make the best barbeque chicken recipe and actually any style of barbeque sauce works. Such as, sweet and smoky, hot and spicy, or vinegary and tangy, all work!
Using the pressure cooker gets the recipe done in no time and using the Stack and Cook Insert allows you to cook for a crowd. So no matter the family size this instant pot barbecue chicken recipe fits great.
How to Make Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken- Step by Step
- Step One: First, season both sides of the chicken with House Seasoning Blend. Next, place chicken in Instant Pot.
- Step Two: Secondly, pour the water and 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce into the Instant Pot. Cook on manual setting/high pressure for 13 minutes. Then allow to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Step Three: After pressure has been released, remove chicken from Instant Pot and drain any liquid.
- Step Four: Finally, set Instant Pot to the Sauté setting. Next, add cooked chicken and remaining 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce, then sauté for 2-3 minutes until sauce is sticky.
LOVE INSTANT POT RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- BBQ Chicken Melts
- Instant Pot Asian Chicken with Honey
- Instant Pot Peri Peri Chicken
- Instant Pot Sticky Chicken
Looking for more? Check out all of the Instant Pot Recipes on It Is a Keeper.
Recommendations for Making BBQ Chicken In Instant Pot
I use chicken thighs for this recipe. You can use any type of chicken though. Chicken breast, boneless chicken thighs, fresh or frozen work great. It is the special combination of the house seasoning along with your favorite barbeque sauce that makes this recipe a winner.
Just remember to adjust your cook times accordingly for the type of chicken that you are using. You can find more information about cook times here.
Recommendations for the Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken
This Instant Pot BBQ Chicken breast is just one of the fabulous things that you can create in your instant pot. You need to try Instant Pot Beef with Balsamic Sauce or Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese. Actually, the Macaroni and Cheese is a great side dish to serve with this chicken.
The Instant Pot will seriously change your cooking game. There are so many innovative gadgets and attachments for them now. Here are a few of my favorites for you to explore.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
Expert Tips for Making the Best Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Breast
- Shred It: Shred the BBQ Chicken in Instant Pot and serve on Sandwich rolls or over rice.
- Make your Own Sauce: Use your favorite bottle sauce or make your own Homemade Barbecue Sauce
- Serve with: Mexican Corn Salad or Caesar Pasta Salad
Shop This Recipe
- Instant Pot <= This one is my favorite!
- Stack and Cook Insert
- Steam Release Attachment <= Protect your cabinets!
- Steam Release Attachment
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons House Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup barbecue sauce divided
- 1/2 cup water
- Season both sides of the chicken with House Seasoning Blend.
- Place chicken in Instant Pot.
- Pour the water and 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce into the Instant Pot.
- Cook on manual setting/high pressure for 13 minutes.
- Allow to naturally release for 5 minutes then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and drain any liquid.
- Set Instant Pot to saute setting.
- Add cooked chicken and remaining 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes until sauce is sticky.
- You can use chicken breasts or thighs, whichever you prefer.
- You can use bottled barbeque sauce or homemade sauce, sweet or spicy.
- Double the batch for a quick dinner fix on a busy night.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/