These easy Cowboy Breakfast Sandwiches are an easy breakfast idea.
I love the Pioneer Woman’s show Food Network. I love her cooking style and how they’ve incorporated her blogging into the show. On her first episode, she made Cowboy Breakfast Sandwiches.
As soon as I saw them, I just knew my husband would love them! I knew, though, that I had to make a few tweaks to the recipe. So, the recipe that follows is my interpretation of the PW’s original.
The hubs took one bite of this sandwich and rolled his eyes — in a good way! He didn’t really say much, he just sort of inhaled the sandwich and mumbled a few “mmmm”s and “oh my god”s. Then, he asked for another!
Apparently, the garlic butter made the sandwich incredible. It really takes it over the top. I think it’s safe to say that this recipe is a keeper!
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Cowboy Breakfast Sandwiches
- 4 Breakfast sausage patties, cooked
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- Salt and peper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Garlic butter, recipe below
- 4 slices Texas Toast
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half and salt and pepper.
- Heat up a skillet over medium heat.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter. When skillet is hot, add egg mixture.
- Cook until set being careful not to over cook the eggs.
- Spread garlic butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet or griddle.
- Place each slice of bread, butter side down, in the skillet.
- Place half of the eggs on one slice of bread and put the 2 sausage patties on the other slice. Repeat for the second sandwich.
- When the Texas Toast is grilled, about 3-4 minutes, add 1 slice of cheese on top of the eggs. Carefully put together 1 slice of toast with eggs and 1 slice with sausage.
- Repeat for second sandwich.
- Place butter, salt and garlic in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
1 thought on “Cowboy Breakfast Sandwiches”
I can just taste this now….delicious! Thanks so much for sharing. 🙂