This 3 Cheese White Lasagna is the ultimate comfort food recipe. Plus, it’s a great make ahead meal.
Nothing says comfort food like lasagna. All those layers of pasta and cheese just melding together into a pure deliciousness. Mmmm. When I was growing up, it seemed liked lasagna was reserved for weekends or big family get-togethers. Maybe that’s another reason why I find it so comforting.
Sometimes, though, a girl can get a hankering for lasagna and it’s not the weekend, or a family function. It’s just a Tuesday or a Thursday or…well, you get the picture.
This recipe is a a great make ahead meal. You can assemble the lasagna on a day when you have time and then bake it off when you’re ready to eat it.
Plus, the flavor combination in this recipe is incredible. I particularly loved the sweetness from the roasted red peppers. And, the alfredo sauce made the entire casserole exceptionally creamy.
Bertolli® pasta sauces are Tuscan inspired so they have a premium taste and quality that enhance my favorite recipes. Bertolli® has been making pasta sauces for 150 years so you can be confident in the flavor.
By using Bertolli® pasta sauce in this recipe, I was able to spend more time with my family. The jarred sauce is convenient and tastes great.
I was able to pick up a three pack at my local BJ’s. The three pack was perfect for this recipe, since it uses two jars. I had one left over to try a new Shrimp Alfredo dish I’ve been eager to try.
Bertolli® offers a great assortment of white sauces – any of which would be great in this recipe. This recipe is a great twist on traditional lasagna. I’ll definitely be making this again and again – it is a keeper!
For more great recipe ideas, visit Bertolli’s® Pinterest boards.
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage casings removed and discarded
- 4 cloves large garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup roasted red peppers drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-10 oz package frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2-17 oz jars Bertolli® Alfredo sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles uncooked
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat.
- Remove sausage from skillet and drain all but 1 tablespoon of drippings.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in sausage, red peppers and wine.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until the liquid is reduced by half - about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together spinach, ricotta and next 3 ingredients.
- Spread 1 cup Alfredo sauce in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Layer four lasagne noodles on top of the sauce.
- Spread half of the spinach mixture on top of the noodles and then layer half of the sausauge mixture on top.
- Top with 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Repeat layers - sauce, noodles, spinach mixture, sausage mixture, noodles.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- At this point it can be refrigerated overnight. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour, uncovering during last 15 minutes of baking. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bertolli®. The opinions and text are all mine.