This 30 Minute Marinara sauce is my favorite go-to homemade tomato sauce. It’s a great recipe to make and freezes perfectly.
There is nothing like marinara sauce that has simmered all day long on a medium-high heat stove. The bright rich tomato sauce flavor laced with garlic and herbs…pure comfort food!
But let’s face it. Sometimes, we just don’t have all day to babysit homemade sauce simmering away on the stove. Most days, I have 30 minutes, max, to get dinner on the table. So today’s recipe can be perfected within 30 minutes.
This 30 Minute Marinara is perfect for busy days when you want homemade taste without the fuss.
This only took about 10 minutes of hands on time with this recipe. The rest of the time the sauce is simmering away on the stove top so you can finish preparing the rest of your meal.
I used Redpack Tomatoes to make this recipe.
Redpack has been owned and operated by the same family for four generations. Their premium quality tomatoes are Family Farmed from trusted families that they’ve been working with for decades. And, they are non-GMO verified.
For generations, families have used Redpack in celebrated dishes, passing along with love, tradition and heritage in each recipe.
This 30 Minute Marinara recipe is perfect for so many dishes such as pasta, lasagna and chicken parmesan, tender meatballs, homemade beef, a subway meatball sub recipe, meatball marinara hoagie, meatball marinara sandwich, turkey meatballs and pork meatballs. The options are simply endless! Don’t forget the parmesan cheese! You can use it for anything that calls for marinara sauce. (Makes for a good meatball sub!)
Whenever I make this sauce, I always make a double batch so I can use it in other recipes throughout the week or serve up some meatball sandwiches as leftovers! It doesn’t take any longer to make and then I can store the extras in the freezer for another night.
If you like this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
30 Minute Marinara
Hearty Marinara Sauce
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pot.
- Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic to pot and cook for 1 minute.
- Add crushed tomatoes, bay leaves, Italian seasoning blend and House seasoning blend; stir to combine.
- Bring to a bubbling simmer then turn the heat down to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add grated parmesan cheese; stir to combine.
- Serve immediate or freeze for later.
- Add Fresh Herbs: Such as Fresh Basil, Oregano or Parsley.
- Smooth Sauce: Immersion Blender can make a smooth sauce.
- Variation tip: Protein, add ground beef, shredded chicken or seafood to the sauce.
- Alternate ingredient: Add Vegetables like: Carrots, celery, mushrooms, spinach or other vegetables.
- Cheese: Vary your cheese by adding different varieties such as asiago, pecorino and provolone.