If you love sausage and peppers, you need to try this Linguine with Sausage and Peppers.
I participated in a Influencer Activation for Guy Fieri Sausage. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
My family absolutely loves sausage and peppers. We love them as sandwiches. We love them in risotto. And now, we love them over linguine.
This recipe smelled divine while it was cooking! I absolutely love the smell of cooking peppers and onions — it reminds of spending time with my grandmother at my family’s sausage and pepper stand at Scranton’s La Festa Italiana waaaaay back in the day.
But, this recipe did not only smell fantastic, but we all agreed… it was delicious! I used Guy Fieri sausage (the Italian pork variety) to make this recipe. It was nice and spicy and the reduced wine added a great level of sweetness.
In typical Guy Fieri style, these take you right to Flavor Town!
They are packed with flavor. Guy Fieri sausages are available in chicken and pork varieties. You can get Italian, Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese and Fajita Seasoned Chicken. I cannot wait to try the Fajita Seasoned Chicken variety! They are made roasted garlic, roasted bell peppers and sauteed onions!
All Guy Fieri sausages are made with all fresh ingredients and are naturally hickory smoked for added flavor. I love that they come fully cooked so they are super easy to prepare. They are a great option for quick dinners!
You can easily find them at your local Walmart.
I will most definitely be making this dish again and again! It was perfect comfort food.
If like you this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Linguine with Sausage and Peppers
Linguine with Sausage and Peppers
- 4 links of Italian sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, sliced into strips (I used 1 red and 1 yellow)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup red wine, I used Chianti
- 2-14.5 oz cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound linguine, cooked
- (If sausage is precooked, you can skip to step 3)
- Put sausage in a large dutch oven and add water to cover half-way.
- Cook sausage over medium-high heat for 20 minutes. If water evaporates, continue to add small amounts until sausage is cooked.
- Remove sausage from pot and empty water. Slice sausage into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Return pot to stove and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When oil is hot, add sausage back to pot and cook until browned on both side - about 5 minutes.
- Remove sausage from pot and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pot and add sliced peppers and onions, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook until peppers are softened and onions become translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute more.
- Add wine to pot and cook until it reduces by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir until combined.
- Add sausage back to pot. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over hot linguine and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
1 thought on “Linguine with Sausage and Peppers”
This was an excellent recipe my wife loved it and the ingredients all came together was remarkable. I have made it twice and it gets better every time I have made it so I will keep this in my go to recipes.