Crockpot Green Bean Casserole is a time saving twist on a classic recipe.
This crockpot Green Bean Casserole is one of the best Thanksgiving recipes ever. It’s easy to put together and doesn’t take up precious oven space on the big day. It’s definitely one of the best slow cooker recipes of all time.
I don’t know about you, but oven space is at a premium for our holiday dinners. Between the turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes and all of the other side dishes, my oven works over time for holiday dinners.
That’s where this crockpot Green Bean Casserole comes in.
It takes exactly like the traditional recipe you’re thinking of – bright green beans cooked in a creamy mushroom sauce and topped with lots of crunchy onions. Except, this version is made in the slow cooker.
I love when I can bust out my slow cooker for holiday meals and this slow cooker green bean casserole recipe is the perfect candidate for alleviating some of the congestion in my oven.
One of my favorite parts about this recipe is I set the slow cooker and forget about it until it’s time to eat. I have found that this slow cooker works best for this recipe. I like the shallow depth.
Because it’s only cooking for a few hours, these slow cooker green beans hold up well and don’t get too mushy. You should definitely give this recipe a try this holiday.
Be sure to check out these best slow cooker recipes of all time and my slow cooker tips and tricks.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
More of the Best Thanksgiving Recipes Ever
- Slow Cooker Versions of my Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes
- Herb Roasted Turkey
- Rosemary Sweet Potatoes
- Sausage and Apple Stuffing
- Baba’s Homemade Cranberry Relish
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
- 3 14.5 oz cans green beans - drained
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons House Seasoning Blend
- 1 1/2 cups french fried onions
- Combine soup, soy sauce, milk, black pepper, green beans and 1/2 cup of the French fried onions in a slow cooker.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours or until bubbly.
- Stir the mixture and top with remaining French fried onions.
- Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.