If you want to knock the socks off your party guests, then you must make this easy party appetizer. They are incredible!
A few weeks ago, I shared a recipe on my Facebook page from a blogger friend of mine. It was for these Sweet Bacon Tater Tots.
As soon as my husband saw the post, he begged me to make them. And, I did.
Now, before we continue, let me warn you. These are not…I repeat NOT…for the health conscious person. There is absolutely no way you can make this recipe “skinny”. It would be a sacrilege.
Basically, it’s just like the a title says, a tater tot. Wrapped in bacon. Rolled in brown sugar and baked to crispy perfection.
These little suckers are incredible! I’m not even sure how to describe how over-the-top good they are. I mean, really. How can you go wrong with bacon wrapped anything?! You can’t. It’s impossible.
If you are, however, watching your waistline but willing to take a step over to the dark side (i.e. bacon), then you should try these easy party appetizers. Even if it’s just one. (Although you will have to have some serious will power to only eat one.)
I made them recently for a little get-together at our house. There were people eating them right out of the oven. They were so hot that the bacon was still sputtering and spitting. But that didn’t stop them. Even my 95 year old grandmother was knocking them back!
These were a huge hit and I think I can even use them to bribe certain people in my family (insert wicked laugh here). But I’ll just keep that to myself for now.
Seriously, though, make a batch of these for your next soiree. You WILL be the talk of the party!
If you like this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Sweet Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots
Sweet Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top of the foil
- Cut each bacon strip into 3 pieces
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and chili powder
- Rub one side of each bacon piece with brown sugar mixture
- Wrap each tater tot with a bacon piece and place it, seam side down, on top of the cooling rack
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees
- Increase the oven to 400 degrees and bake them for 5 more minutes, or until the bacon is crispy
- This Recipe Can be Doubled: This is a great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and split it into two baking dishes before baking.
- Add Jalapeno: A little jalapeno would be great if you like the heat.
- Sweet: Yes, sweet potato tater tots would be great in this recipe
- Variation tip: Feel free to add as many tips as you need in this section
- Alternate cooking method tip: Feel free to make these in your air fryer, they would come out great.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/