This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bahama Breeze. All opinions are 100% mine.
I recently discovered this Coconut Mojito and it is now on the top of of my list of favorite simple cocktail recipes.
Recently, I had the opportunity to visit the Bahama Breeze Viva La Rita event. I had never been to a Bahama Breeze and I don’t know why I waited so long!
I loved the relaxed, island feel of the restaurant. As soon as we walked in the door, we were transported to an island destination. Everything from the decor to the atmosphere to the funky, live island music brought the experience to life.
We went on a Friday night for their Viva la ‘Rita celebration (which continues through Cinco de Mayo). Bahama Breeze has great Friday Night Parties with live music, specials and ah-mazing margaritas!
But, let’s talk about the food for a minute. We had this incredible Skillet Simmered Jerk Shrimp. There were large shrimp nestled in a garlic-thyme butter with warm Cuban bread for dunking. I vowed to figure out how to make this recipe. So stay tuned!
I also had the Coconut Shrimp Tacos as my entree. They were to die for too! Everything we had that night was out of this world good.
Since I was there for Viva la ‘Rita, I had to try the Skinny Citrus Margarita. I love anything citrus so this was right up my alley. And, this cocktail didn’t disappoint. It was so good.
But, I have to say that my favorite thing of the entire evening was the Coconut Mojito. As soon as I got home, I had to try to recreate it.
It was actually quite simple to prepare. I can easily see myself making big pitchers of this during the summer.
If you remember, in my last post about Bahama Breeze I was giving away a $100 gift card so one lucky reader could experience Viva la ‘Rita for themselves. I’d like to congratulate Mary for winning! Mary, your gift card should be on its way!
Make sure you visit your local Bahama Breeze through May 5 to experience #VivaLaRita for yourself! I’m actually heading back there this weekend!
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter! I’ll send you a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Coconut Lime Mojito
- Lime wedge
- 6 leaves mint
- 1 oz coconut vodka
- 1/2 oz coconut rum
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 1/4 oz cream of coconut
- Splash of club soda
- Sprig of mint and lime wedge for garnish
- Muddle mint leaves and lime wedge in cocktail shaker.
- Add ice, vodka, rum, pineapple juice and cream of coconut in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously.
- Pour into iced glass and top with splash of soda.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and lime wedge.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.