One day, while at a lunch meeting, I tried sweet potato fries for the first time. It was all downhill from there. Now, I’m a sweet potato fry seeking machine. Those little orangey sticks are so good!
Making them at home is actually pretty simple. There are only three ingredients and a few easy steps.
These were pretty good. They weren’t the same as you would get in a restaurant, but then again, I didn’t deep fry mine. These fries have a softer texture than regular french fries and they’re full of natural sweetness.
This is a good side dish recipe to have on hand. And, you can’t beat the fact that it only has 3 ingredients.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Homemade Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon House Seasoning Blend
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut peeled sweet potatoes into 3/4 inch sticks; Pat dry.
- Toss potatoes with oil and spread out on rimmed baking sheet making sure that the potatoes aren't touching.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning potatoes half-way through baking.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle House Seasoning Blend over fries.
- Recipe Can be Doubled: Great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and split it into two baking dishes before baking.
- Add Heat: Cayenne pepper or taco seasoning.
- Sweet: Feel free to add cinnamon and brown sugar to coat them.
- Cheese: Great with any type of cheese sauce
- Alternate cooking method tip: Try air frying these sweet potato fries. they take about 10 minutes and come out crispy and golden.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/