Charcuterie Skewers are a unique charcuterie board idea, that won’t disappoint! In addition, Charcuterie Kabobs are easy, spectacular and are the perfect appetizer.
These kabobs will be the star of the charcuterie table at your next gathering. Layers of salami, pepperoni, cheddar cheese, Babybel cheese, and a pickle. Charcuterie is a french dish, to learn more, check here. Also a fun way to top a salad, this instagram worthy appetizer can be served with italian dressing for dipping.
If you need even more appetizer ideas, check this link.
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Recipe
- 20 Minute Prep: These charcuterie skewers are ready from start to finish in just under 20 minutes perfect for any social gathering.
- Easy Ingredients: A wonderful alternative to making a diy charcuterie board. It requires half the effort and only 5 ingredients.
- Party Appetizer: Perfect for any party, charcuterie kabobs, are a great appetizer everyone will love.
- Bring on a Picnic: These kabobs would be perfect to bring to a charcuterie picnic.
- Cheddar: Get a one pound block of cheddar cheese and cut into cubes.
- Salami: Six ounces of very thinly sliced salami.
- Pepperoni: Thinly sliced pepperoni, six ounces.
- Babybel: You will need six pieces of Babybel cheese.
- Pickles: Mini dill pickles or gherkin pickles will work best, drain first.
How to Make Charcuterie Kabobs
These are the basic steps for making Charcuterie Kabobs. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
STEP 1: PREPARPING TO ASSEMLE
First, cut your cheddar cheese block into small cubes and then fold up the pieces of salami and pepperoni.
STEP 2: ASSEMBLING KABOBS
Then to assemble, alternate putting on cheese cubes, salami, and pepperoni. Once skewers is almost full, top will a piece of Babybel cheese and a mini pickle. Finally put on your serving platter.
Prep and Storage Tips
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME
Truly easy to make these Charcuterie Kabobs ahead of time, assembly the night before and refrigerate overnight.
HOW TO STORE THIS RECIPE
To store these, cover a tray with plastic wrap and keep in fridge for 3-4 days. This kabobs make for great leftovers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Traditionally, is it a platter with a combination of different meats, cheese, and some time fruits, veggies, and nuts.
Of course, you can easily switch what you put on the kabobs, you could do caprese kabobs or use cantaloupe, prosciutto, and brie for a more refreshing flavor.
This recipe can easily be double or tripled to serve a larger crowd.
Charcuterie literally means “pork butcher” dating back to the 15th century.
Expert Tips for Making This Charcuterie Recipes
- Recipe Can be Increased: Great recipe for a crowd. Bring these Charcuterie Kabobs to a gathering, you can simply double, triple, or even quadruple the ingredients depending on how many people you are looking to share with.
- Substitutions: Feel free to switch up the ingredients in these easy antipasto skewers. For example, you could incorporate things such as different deli meats, green olives, mozzarella, tomato, cherry tomato, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, black olives, and veggies. The combinations are endless. Use turkey or roast beef.
- Caprese Kabob: Similarly, you can do a caprese styled kabob use grape tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and mozzarella balls. Moreover, drizzle with balsamic glaze and olive oil for the perfect accompaniments. Lovely for Christmas.
What to Serve with Charcuterie Kabobs
Did you try this recipe?
⭐ Click below to leave a review and rating! ⭐
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, cut into large cubes
- 6 ounces salami, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 6 Babybel cheese pieces
- 6 dill pickles, mini
- Fold each slice of meat in half, then in half again. Slide one slice of pepperoni and one slice of salami on the stick.
- Slide one cube of cheese on top of the meat.
- Continue layering meat and cheese along the middle of the stick.
- Top the stick with a piece of Babybel cheese and a mini pickle.
- This Recipe Can be Increased: This is a great recipe for a crowd. If you are looking to bring these Charcuterie Kabobs to a gathering, you can simply double, triple, or even quadruple the ingredients depending on ow many people you are looking to share with.
- Substitution: Feel free to switch up the cheese and meats you are using, you could even incorporate fruits such as strawberries or grapes to have a more cheeseboard styled kabob. The combinations are endless.