This best deviled eggs recipe is a classic recipe that every cook needs in their recipe box. It’s a classic staple that is perfect for parties, luncheons or even an easy snack. I have tweaked my recipe to the point where it is absolutely perfect! Just the right balance of creamy, zesty and tangy. This easy deviled eggs recipe is a must try!
Best Deviled Eggs Recipe
This easy deviled eggs recipe is a combination of egg yolks, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, cayenne and salt and pepper. The mixture is the perfect combination of flavors with just the slightest hint of heat. These really aren’t spicy at all. They have a deep, balance flavor that is absolutely perfect.
I’ll be the first one to admit that I wasn’t always a fan of deviled eggs. There was a time when I couldn’t even stand to look at them.
I don’t know why. I think the name turned me off. For the longest time, I completely avoided them.
Then, one day, I decided to try them. Maybe I was guilted into doing so — you know, when you’re trying to be polite.
Whatever the reason was, I’m so glad I took the plunge. I immediately fell in love and set out on the quest to create the best deviled eggs recipe.
My mom has one of the best recipe deviled eggs. It’s one of those recipes that’s been made in my family for years. You can find her recipe here. I started with her recipe and began tweaking.
It didn’t take long (her recipe was pretty spot on). I just swapped a few things around and slightly adjusted the measurements until I had what I was looking for.
Easy Deviled Eggs Recipe Flavor Ideas
The thing I’m loving about deviled eggs are all of the ways you can play around with flavors. A few weeks ago, I made three of my favorite varieties on WNEP’s Home & Backyard show. We made Traditional Southern Deviled Eggs and Spicy Sriracha Deviled Eggs.
Both of these were absolutely incredible. I highly recommend giving them a try.
Tips for Making the Best Deviled Eggs Recipes
- Check out this post to learn how to make perfect hard boiled eggs that are easy to peel.
- Use a mini food processor to get a super creamy and smooth filling.
- If I’m being fancy, I use a pastry bag fitted with one of these tips to pipe the filling into the egg white.
- If you want to the rustic look, use a zip top bag as to pipe the filling in.
Looking for More Recipes with Hard Boiled Eggs?
- My Mom’s Classic Deviled Eggs
- Southern Style Deviled Eggs
- Spicy Sriracha Deviled Eggs
- 25 Deviled Eggs Recipes
- Old Fashioned Egg Salad Recipe
- How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs that are Easy Peel
Looking for more? Check out all of the hard boiled eggs recipes on It Is a Keeper.
Items You Need to Make the Best Deviled Eggs Recipe
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Best Deviled Eggs Recipe
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and transfer to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add mayonnaise, dijon mustard, cayenne and House Seasoning Blend.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer to a piping bag and fill egg white halves with filling.
- Top with garnish of choice.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.