The holidays can be hectic. Make your holiday dinner a little simpler with this easy Slow Cooker Turkey and Stuffing recipe! It’s my favorite Thanksgiving easy crock pot recipe.
Hands down, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I wait all year long for this dinner. The turkey, the stuffing, the cranberry sauce…I love it all!
My family takes turns with the holidays and Thanksgiving is my holiday. And, I have to admit that I love it!
I usually start prepping on the Monday before Thanksgiving so that I’m not overwhelmed on Thursday. I have a checklist that I created to help keep me organized and on track.
Getting the turkey ready is the most daunting part. I’m always worried that I haven’t allotted enough time for it to cook properly. I try not to overthink it, because I’m also afraid that if I cook it for too long, it will dry out. And, no one likes dry turkey. I have visions of the scene in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation where everyone is gnawing on the leather-like turkey.
However, by cooking a turkey in the slow cooker, you can ensure you will have juicy, flavorful meat.
I find that an average turkey breast fits beautifully in my slow cooker. But don’t worry…even though it’s not a full turkey, you can still stuff it! I’m a stuffing-in-the-bird kinda girl. I grew up on it and I love it. I couldn’t imagine it any other way!
Whether you try this recipe for Thanksgiving or just a regular, plain old day, this Slow Cooker Turkey and Stuffing will get gobbled up! Get it? Gobbled up? I crack myself up sometimes.
If you really want to take the flavor over the top, try making this easy Homemade Poultry Seasoning. It’s so much better than the store-bought stuff.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Tools
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Slow Cooker Turkey & Stuffing
- 1 in bone- turkey breast - 6-7 pounds
- 2 cups prepared stuffing
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken or turkey stock
- Remove skin from turkey breast.
- Rinse breast (including the cavity) and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper, including the cavity.
- Sprinkle poultry seasoning evenly over turkey breast.
- Place prepared stuffing inside the cavity.
- Please turkey breast with the breast side down in a 6 qt slow cooker.
- Place chicken broth in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or until cooked through.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.