The holidays can be hectic. Make your holiday dinner a little simpler with this easy Slow Cooker Turkey and Stuffing recipe! It’s my favorite Thanksgiving easy crock pot recipe.
Hands down, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I wait all year long for this dinner. The turkey, the stuffing, the cranberry sauce…I love it all!
My family takes turns with the holidays and Thanksgiving is my holiday. And, I have to admit that I love it!
I usually start prepping on the Monday before Thanksgiving so that I’m not overwhelmed on Thursday. I have a check list that I created to help keep me organized and on track.
Getting the turkey ready is the most daunting part. I’m always worried that I haven’t allotted enough time for it to cook properly. I try not to over think it, because I’m also afraid that if I cook it for too long, it will dry out. And, no one likes dry turkey. I have visions of the scene in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation where everyone is gnawing on the leather-like turkey.
However, by cooking turkey in the slow cooker, you can ensure you will have juicy, flavorful meat.
I find that an average turkey breast fits beautifully in my slow cooker. But don’t worry…even though it’s not a full turkey, you can still stuff it! I’m a stuffing-in-the-bird kinda girl. I grew up on it and I love it. I couldn’t imagine it any other way!
Whether you try this recipe for Thanksgiving or just a regular, plain old day, this Slow Cooker Turkey and Stuffing will get gobbled up! Get it? Gobbled up? I crack myself up sometimes.
If you really want to take the flavor over the top, try making this easy Homemade Poultry Seasoning. It’s so much better than the store bought stuff.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Tools
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Slow Cooker Turkey & Stuffing
- 1 in bone- turkey breast - 6-7 pounds
- 2 cups prepared stuffing
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken or turkey stock
- Remove skin from turkey breast.
- Rinse breast (including the cavity) and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper, including the cavity.
- Sprinkle poultry seasoning evenly over turkey breast.
- Place prepared stuffing inside the cavity.
- Please turkey breast with the breast side down in a 6 qt slow cooker.
- Place chicken broth in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or until cooked through.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.