With Thanksgiving right around the corner I’m on the lookout for the perfect side dish recipes. My friend Angelina gave me the recipe for these incredible Bacon Glazed Carrots. This recipe is definitely going to be added to my Thanksgiving Menu Recipes file!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information read my disclosure policy.
The night I tested this recipe, I invited my mom, brother and grandmother over dinner. I can’t even remember what we had as a main dish that night because these glazed carrots were so incredible! They totally stole the show!
As I was making the carrots, I tasted one to make sure the season was right. Big mistake. I went back for another. And another. And another. I knew right then and there I needed to make more…and quick!
I ended up doubling the recipe that night and it was a good thing! All of the guys (my hubs, brother and son) gobbled them up (the Thanksgiving pun was intentional). There wasn’t a single carrot left in the dish.
Of course, if you put this bacon glaze on tree bark I’m sure it would get devoured! This recipe will definitely be making an appearance for Thanksgiving! I’m sure it’s going to be one of my family’s favorite Thanksgiving menu recipes!
Thanksgiving Meal Prep Essentials
If you like this post, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you! For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Thanksgiving Menu Recipes – Bacon Glazed Carrots:
- 1 pound of baby carrots
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook carrots in boiling water for 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in skillet.
- Saute onion in bacon drippings over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in brown sugar, pepper and cooked carrots.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until carrots are glazed and heated through.
- Serve with crumbled bacon on top.
Did you enjoy this post?
Then get on the list! Get FREE email updates of my latest recipes and tips. Plus, I'll send you my FREE eCookbook, 100 Easy Recipes