This easy Taco Skillet recipe is has quickly become one of my family’s favorite dinner recipes: quick easy meals. Plus, it’s ready in 30 minutes!
There are times when I make a new recipe and I hit it out of the park. This is one of those times.
My family DEVOURED this dish. I’m talking seconds and thirds, people. You know a dish is good, when the kids even go back for more.
My 9 year old is usually my gauge for how successful a recipe is. He will usually give me a thumbs up or a thumbs down. But when he thinks a recipe is awesome, he uses his Chicken Spaghetti Scale.
You see, Chicken Spaghetti is his all-time favorite meal. So when he starts comparing a new recipe to his all-time favorite, I know I did something right.
This dish was (and I quote) “probably as good as Chicken Spaghetti”. That says a lot, people.
I loved how easy this recipe was to make, too. The whole thing was ready in 30 minutes and…here’s the best part…it only used one pot!
Yep, it didn’t leave you with a sink full of dirty dishes to clean. That scores bonus points in my book.
I used Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking as the sauce base for this dish. It was like having a weekend meal on a week night schedule.
Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking are a line of pourable, ready-to-use soups in cartons that you can use to create your own homemade recipes. These are the perfect secret weapon for today’s busy parents.
There are four varieties to choose from. I used the Mexican Style Tomato in this recipe. I loved the deep, rich flavor with a slight zest that wasn’t too spicy.
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 14.5 oz container Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking Mexican Style Tomato
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 16 oz box of pasta I used Gemelli but any short cut pasta would work
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese I used Cheddar Jack
- Add the ground beef, onion and taco seasoning to a large skillet.
- Brown beef over medium high heat.
- Drain excess great from beef.
- Add Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking, chicken stock, pasta, salt and pepper.
- Put lid on skilled and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 12 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, place shredded cheese on top and place under the broiler until the cheese melts (about 2 minutes).
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/