Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks are a quick, mouthwatering, easy to prepare, snack or appetizer your family will love. Dip the gooey, crispy mozzarella stick in warm marinara sauce for a quick snack or football season treat.
Air Fryer gooey Mozzarella Sticks are the homemade version of frozen mozzarella sticks. Instead of deep frying, these are made in an air fryer with little oil for a low carb, low calorie snack, unlike traditional mozzarella sticks. The very best part is that this melty cheese snack is perfect for game day or a quick snack.
What is mozzarella cheese and where did it originate? Find out here.
- 10 Minute: These air fryer cheese sticks are perfect anytime of day or night snack.
- Easy Ingredients: All things you have on hand or are easy to find at the grocery store.
- Family Friendly: Not only will your family love to eat them, they will also love helping to make these homemade cheese sticks.
What You Need to Make Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- 10 mozzarella cheese sticks (string cheese)
- panko bread crumbs
- large eggs
- House seasoning blend
- Cooking spray or olive oil
How to Make Mozzarella Sticks – Step by Step
- Preheat Air fryer: First, preheat your air fryer oven and then cut your mozzarella stick in half.
- Combine: Second, in a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch, flour, and house seasoning blend (salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder). Next, combine breadcrumbs, parsley in a third shallow dish. Make an egg wash by beating the eggs. Room temperature eggs work best.
- Coat: Then coat cheese sticks in the beaten egg mixture then the flour mix and next coat the sticks back into the egg and then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Cook: Finally, place battered sticks in the air fryer basket, in a single layer and spray with olive oil. You may have to do different batches. Lastly, cook a second time. Set air fryer to 400 for 5 minutes, turn cheese sticks half way through. Cook until golden brown. Allow to cool on a sheet pan with parchment paper or towels.
LOOKING FOR MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES TRY THESE FAVORITES:
Looking for more? Check out all of the SNACK RECIPES on It Is a Keeper.
Common Questions About Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
HOW DO I STORE AIR FRYER MOZZARELLA STICKS?
Store homemade mozzarella sticks in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Best way to reheat is in the microwave or alternatively, use the air fryer to heat for a few minutes.
SUBSTITUTE DIFFERENT CHEESE?
Of course, however, they might not have the same gooey consistency as the mozzarella. For example: cheddar or cheddar blends, cheese curds, or halloumi work great.
DOUBLED OR HALVED?
Indeed, adjust the recipe to make the quantity that is right for your gathering.
CAN THIS RECIPE BE FROZEN?
Definitely, after preparing and before frying, lay them out on a baking sheet and freeze in a freezer bag. Then take them out and bag them and they will be ready to use whenever you are,
WHAT TO SERVE WITH AIR FRYER MOZZARELLA STICKS?
One of the favorite parts of eating these sticks is the possibility of the dipping sauces. Such ranch dressing or these options:
> Buffalo Wing Sauce
Expert Tips for Making Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Add Different Seasoning: Try Italian Seasoning Mix or add a bite with some hot spices such as chili powder.
- Gluten Free: Feel free to use gluten free panko crumbs and flour for this recipe.
- Variation tip: Taco version of mozzarella sticks – use Taco Seasoning and dip in Pico.
- Alternate cooking method tip: This cheesy goodness can be baked or deep fried in oil but are truly best in the air fryer.
- Chip dust: Instead of panko breadcrumbs, use your favorite flavor of crushed Doritos or hot Cheetos.
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- 10 mozzarella cheese , sticks
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup panko
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon house seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Cut mozzarella sticks in half
- In one bowl, combine the cornstarch, flour, and natures seasoning. Add the parsley to the panko. Beat the eggs.
- Coat the sticks in the egg then the flour mix. Next coat the sticks back into the egg and then the panko.
- Place battered sticks in the air fryer basket and spray with oil.
- Cook on 400 for 5 minutes.
- Let cool before eating.
- Add Different Seasoning: Try Italian Seasoning Mix or add a bite with some hot spices.
- Gluten Free: Feel free to use gluten free panko and flour for this recipe.
- Variation tip: Taco Sticks. Use Taco Seasoning and dip in Pico.
- Alternate cooking method tip: These can be baked or deep fried in oil but are truly best in the air fryer.
- Chip dust: Instead of panko, use your favorite flavor or crushed doritos or hot cheetos, such as hot cheetos.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
RECIPES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED