This light and refreshing Spring Chickpea Salad is bursting with veggies and protein!
Hi it’s Emily again from Painting it Purple! Last month I shared a recipe for my favorite Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats and I still cannot get enough. I wanted to switch it up a bit this time and share a delicious Spring Chickpea Salad!
If you don’t like cucumbers, red peppers or carrots, you can substitute pretty much any vegetable and the salad will still be delicious. As I mentioned in my last post, we are always on the go so this salad is great for us. I can make it Sunday night, while I’m preparing our overnight oats, and bring it for lunch for the week!
We love chickpeas and I am always looking for new ways to add chickpeas to our diet. If you are looking for some more delicious chickpea recipes, check out my Chickpea Blondies or my Garlic Parmesan Chickpeas!
If you like this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
Here are some other recipes you may also like:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Spring Chickpea Salad
Spring Chickpea Salad
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 cucumber
- 10 baby carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon greek seasoning - or a seasoning of your choice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Chop your vegetables and mix them in a bowl. Add in the feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning.
- Mix dressing and vegetables and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.