This easy salad and Grapefruit Vinaigrette dressing is light and refreshing and when you pair it with fresh spinach salad recipes, it’s packed with antioxidants and nutrients.
When I was a little girl, my grandparents lived in Florida. I can remember being at their house and having Florida grapefruit for breakfast every single morning.
I used to think the special grapefruit spoons with their jagged, serrated edges were so cool.
I can remember seeing the pink citrus flesh in the bowl and then sprinkling a little sugar on top and watching the crystals disappear into the juice. There is nothing like a fresh Florida grapefruit.
Flash forward a whole bunch of years and I still love grapefruit. I crave the tart flavor with just a hint of sweetness.
Florida grapefruit is at its sweetest and juiciest right at the peak of winter (January-March), making it a great source of delicious, ripe fruit at a time when many others are not available.
Florida’s unique fertile soil and lush subtropical climate are what make Florida grapefruit the sweetest and juiciest variety of grapefruit in the world. So don’t judge a book by its cover…the Florida climate can take a toll on the outer appearance of the fruit. But inside, it’s the sweetest and juiciest grapefruit.
Pure citrus perfection!
I love to incorporate grapefruit into my recipes. Like this Baby Kale and Spinach Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette.
The salad is packed with nutrients and antioxidants from the spinach, kale and blueberries. Plus, the almonds add a nice crunch.
But the vinaigrette is the real star. It’s light and refreshing — like little rays of Florida sunshine on a cold, winter day!
This vinaigrette would also make a great marinade for fish or chicken too!
Are you a fan of grapefruit? Leave me a comment below!
If you like this recipe, check out all of my salad recipes, including fresh spinach salads.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
- Easy Crock Pot Recipes
- 70+ Quick Dinner Ideas
Baby Kale & Spinach Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- 2 cups baby kale - washed and dried
- 2 cups baby spinach - washed and dried
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/8 cup shallots - thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup slivered almonds
- 2/3 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots - finely minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach and kale together.
- Add the berries, shallots and almonds and gently toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the salad and serve immediately.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.