This Pumpkin Pie Moonshine is one of my favorite fall cocktails!
Two of the most popular recipes on my site are my Apple Pie Moonshine and my Peach Moonshine. It’s no wonder, they are both incredible cocktails. I can’t even count how many times I’ve given away bottles of the stuff. As soon as people try these, they are hooked!
Recently, my mom made a batch of this Pumpkin Pie Moonshine. The flavors are warm and comforting and perfect for the cool days of fall.
This moonshine goes down really easy so you have to enjoy this drink slowly. It’s strong and extremely potent.
It’s made with 190 proof grain alcohol and vodka. Drink it slowly because it will sneak up on you.
This Pumpkin Pie Moonshine is very easy to make. Here’s the equipment I used to make it:
Just be sure to factor in that you need to let it sit for about a month before you drink it. If you try it too early, it’s like drinking rocket fuel (not that I’ve ever had rocket fuel, but you get what I mean).
The ‘shine needs time to mellow and come into its own. It’s definitely worth the wait.
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 29 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups 190 proof grain alcohol
- 2 cups whipped cream vodka
- 6 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- In a large stock pot, combine all of the ingredients EXCEPT the grain alcohol and vodka.
- Simmer until all ingredients combine, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Add grain alcohol and vodka to cooled mixture.
- Line a funnel with several layers of cheese cloth.
- Ladle moonshine through the funnel into clean mason jars, leaving a 1/2 inch head. You want to filter out any remaining solids. (Cheese cloth may need to be changed after 1-2 jars)
- Place lids on jars and allow to sit in refrigerator for 1 month before enjoying.
- Please enjoy responsibly.
- Add Different Spices: You are making this so add what you like, cinnamon sticks or different spices.
- Grain Alcohol: Everclear 191 may not be available in your area. 151 can be used or just use another whisky or whatever you like to drink. If it is not as strong, there is no need to wait.
- Variation tip: Use a little vanilla and regular vodka if whipped cram vodka is not available.
- Bottles: Store or present any clean bottle or jars that you like as long as they close tightly. There is no need to can this alcohol.
- Alternate cooking method tip: The base can be cooked in the slow cooker or crock pot if you prefer.