Flavored Moonshine is such a great addition to a party. Whether drinking straight or added to your favorite cocktail. It also makes a great party favor for guests to take home with them. Below you will find answers to the most asked questions and other helpful information when making Everclear Moonshine.
This Flavored moonshine is a fun way to make and personalize your moonshine flavors depending on the season and event. The varieties are truly endless from cherries in moonshine to creamsicle moonshine.
Strawberries, blackberries or other flavors such as root beer moonshine can be created. There are just a few tips and tricks to make these easy moonshine recipes a success.
I have several delicious flavoured moonshine recipes available on It Is a Keeper, but you can get even more in my ebook: 50 Incredible Flavored Moonshine Recipes. In this digital, printable ebook you will find even more flavored moonshine recipes and cocktails you can make with flavored moonshine.
MORE MOONSHINE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Best Apple Pie Moonshine | Moonshine Cherries |Moonshine Pickles
What is the Difference between Flavored (Everclear) Moonshine and Moonshine Made in a Still?
Everclear is pure water and ethanol with no flavor, a blank slate for adding whatever you wish. The everclear is a base to flavor moonshine.
The flavor of distilled moonshine is the primitive grain flavor. Distillers want you to taste the grain. It is the actual creation of the spirit. If you want to make your own distilled alcohol find recipes, kit and supplies here.
- Simple to Make: There is NO need to can this easy moonshine recipe.
- Easy Ingredients: All found in pantry or fridge and again it is so simple to make.
- Adaptable: Can make so many different diy moonshine flavors.
- Makes Great Gifts: Perfect for holiday gift giving or weddings, showers etc.
Ingredient Notes for Homemade Moonshine Recipes
- Everclear: Use 190 Proof Everclear or if not available, 151 Everclear is a good replacement but the higher-proof is better.
- Jars with lids – Mason Jars
- Large Stock Pot -or any large pot
- Ladle – or large spoon
- Cheese Cloth
How to Make Flavors of Moonshine
There are several moonshine recipes available on It Is a Keeper. These are the basic recipe descriptions for making flavors of moonshine. Please refer to the linked post with the flavors below and refer to the recipe cards for that individual recipe for the full instructions for this flavor-rich moonshine.
APPLE PIE MOONSHINE
Full of fall flavors, this moonshine recipe is enhanced with cinnamon sticks and apple cider to make an incredibly well rounded drinking moonshine. Get the Apple Pie Moonshine recipe.
Peach moonshine recipes can be enjoyed anytime because canned peaches are used in this recipe. It’s made with an entire bottle of 190 proof grain alcohol and an entire bottle of Peach Schnapps. Use fresh peaches and make a simple syrup if they are in season.
This tropical Pineapple Moonshine recipes is the perfect cocktail for spring and summer. It’s bursting with pineapple, coconut and orange flavors.
You don’t need a drink to get a kick of moonshine, you can eat it too. Moonshine Cherries are tasty little cherry bombs. Eat them on their own or add them to cocktails or even added to dessert such as fruit cakes for a nice punch.
The Moonshine pickles are a tangy, crunch, boozy surprise that is the perfect accompaniment to any party.
USES FOR THE EVERCLEAR RECIPES MOONSHINE
Now that you have these wonderful moonshine recipes, what can you use them for? This magic elixir can be drunk cold or hot on it’s own or mixed with your favorite mixers such as sodas, teas, or juices. If you really want to find some great inspiration, check out this ebook of my favorite cocktails.
IMPORTANT Prep and Storage Tips
TIME/ ALCOHOL IN MOONSHINE
Many questions and comments are left asking about the time needed to make the moonshine. If you are using the 190 proof Everclear then an 8 week period of waiting is needed to allow the alcohol to mellow and all the flavors blend together.
However, if you are using the 151 proof, you can drink it right away or you can also wait several weeks for the flavors to meld together.
Really, these are a guide and our recommendation. Some have said they drink it right away. If you prefer very strong drinks, use your own discretion.
STORING THIS QUALITY MOONSHINE
The moonshine should be stored in an airtight jar with a lid in a cool dry place. It is not necessary to refrigerate this recipe nor is any type of canning required. Make sure that your jars and lids have been cleaned thoroughly.
HOW LONG WILL FLAVORED MOONSHINE LAST?
If the recipe directions are followed correctly these flavored moonshines should last up to a year. Specifically, make sure that all of the jars are clean and you store in a cool dark place.
Again, refrigeration is not needed, unless the recipe specifically recommends refrigerating it. Also, you do not need to can (or process) the jars unless the recipes specifically states to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions Flavored Spirit
It is possible to add many things to flavoring moonshine recipes to make them your own special blend. Refer to the individual recipes for specifics, however you can add fruit, vanilla bean, Fireball whiskey, rum, Whipped Cream Vodka and spices to enhance your moonshine.
If you find the recipe too sweet, you can add less sugar or if you prefer using a sugar replacement that is also acceptable as long as the replacement ratio is one to one. Really, even brown sugar can be utilized in these recipes if you prefer. The end result will still be amazing.
Indeed, you can adjust the quantities in the recipe cards accordingly to make the amount that you need for your guests or for gifts. A great high-quality gift.
Everclear is a neutral grain spirit, characterized by its clear, colorless quality with a very high concentration of ethyl alcohol.
If you can not find Everclear and you wish to make moonshine you should use the highest alcohol count vodka that you can find. If using alcohol that is 151 proof or less, you can consume the cocktail immediately. However, if using 190 proof grain alcohol, you need to let it sit for 8 weeks before enjoying responsibly.
Expert Tips for Making Flavored Moonshine Recipe
Again, please refer to the individual recipes and the recipe cards in those posts for more specific tips. However, here are a few general rules to remember.
- Do not add alcohol near a flame or heat source. It is highly flammable. Make sure mixture is completely cooled before adding alcohol.
- Cooling: Also, you do not want your alcohol to burn off or evaporate, therefore you want the mixture to cool before adding any alcohol.
- Cloudy: Due to some of the ingredients utilized the moonshine may become cloudy. You can strain the moonshine through a cheesecloth or a good shake or stir the liquid or drink it cloudy it doesn’t affect the purity.
- Jar Size: When giving flavored moonshine as a gift, you may use different size jars to accommodate the size you wish to give. Get creative and make your own gift tags, labels and even name them.
- Alternate ingredients: Truly, the recipes are great as they are, however, if you wish to make adjustments outside the scope of the original recipe we can not guarantee the results.
- Alcohol Content: The finished alcohol content varies with each recipe but this question get asked a lot. Above all, it depends on the ingredients that you are using, additives if any etc. Generally, the end result is about 30 proof or around 15% ABV but these are not exact calculations and they vary by recipe. Learn more about proofing alcohol.
Recipes You Might Have Missed
- Apple Cranberry Boilo
- Watermelon Mojitos
- Best Frozen Drinks and Cocktails
- Classic Margarita