This Kielbasa Pepper Pizza is a quick and easy recipe that is ready in under 30 minutes.
With football season back and the weather cooling down I’m loving using my oven again. Although you can make pizza on the grill and that is really tasty it’s just not quite the same as making a bunch of big ol’ pizzas for us to share. Now my kids may love their classic pepperoni and cheese respectively, but I like to have a little more variety to my pizzas.
We’ve done BBQ Chicken, Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza and Buffalo Chicken Pizza, even a Meatball Pizza. I love pizza for its versatility and that I can use an assortment of leftovers to make a pizza. It only takes a large handful of a protein, a small piece of a few veggies and you have the toppings to a pizza.
My hubby was asking me if we could do something different again and I started thinking of various combinations. I wanted to do something that incorporated some of his favorite flavors but that might be a little unexpected. He has really been on a kielbasa and peppers kick and I thought it could be really fun to translate that to a pizza. It worked!
I used a little bit of fresh basil, oregano, parsley, and cilantro to top the pizza but you could really use any combo of fresh herbs that you like.
You could also sprinkle a little salt over the top which I think would give it a really nice little boost of flavor. Whatever floats your boat!
Supplies Used In This Recipe:
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Peppers and Kielbasa Pizza
- 1 large pizza round
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 package kielbasa sausage - sliced
- 1/3 red - orange, and green peppers, each, sliced into strips
- 1/4 red onion - sliced
- fresh basil - oregano, parsley, or cilantro, depending on preference
- Top pizza round with pizza sauce, then cheese.
- Spread kielbasa slices over the top of the pizza. Spread out peppers and onions as well. Top with fresh herb if desired.
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 12-15 minutes until crust is cooked and cheese has melted.
- Top with additional herbs if desired.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.