This Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet is a great one pot meal!
I can’t believe it is almost time for a new school year. I know lots of families out there will soon start planning and organizing supplies and activities. It’s a busy time of year.
Hi it’s Susanne from New South Charm back again with another great recipe for your family. This month I’m sharing one of my favorite fast fix dinners, Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet. This has become one of our favorite meals. It’s so easy and packed with flavor that I can’t help but make it every couple weeks.
I love fast fix dinners especially ones that cook up in one pot or skillet. Less time doing the dishes means more time spent doing more important things.
Another thing I really like about this recipe is that it is made Kielbasa Sausage instead of chicken or beef which are both becoming more and more expensive. Kielbasa is inexpensive and when sliced a single package can be stretched to prepare a whole meal.
Whenever I make this recipe I use elbow shaped pasta because I almost always have a box on hand. Really though any small pasta such at rigatoni or penne will work great. There’s no boiling the pasta in a separate pot. How great is that?
We love to eat at home instead of going to restaurants and with easy to prepare meals like this Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet it’s a lot easier to do. What is your go to meal for busy nights? Leave a comment below and let me know.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
One Pot Taco Skillet
Skillet Lemon Chicken
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet
Kielbasa Pasta Skillet
- 1 pound Kielbasa
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 1 cup Bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 10 ounces Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles, 1 can
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 12 ounces Farfalle pasta
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon All Purpose Seasoning
- Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat. Once oil is warm add sausage onions, bell pepper and garlic and cook about 3-5 minutes, until sausage is browned.
- Next add chicken broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, Worcestershire Sauce. Paprika salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and allow to simmer for 15 minutes
- Remove the skillet from heat and sprinkle remaining cheese and scallions. Broil until cheese is completely melted and bubbly.
- Add different cheese: Try parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese or other favorite to this delicious recipe.
- Vegetables: This dinner recipe can be made with broccoli, asparagus or even peas to this easy meal.
- Variation tip: Italian seasoning adds a great deal of flavor to the skillet meal. The extra kick from the sprig of rosemary or garlic powder is wonderful.
- Different Type of Pasta: It is the perfect weeknight meal because you can make this cheesy pasta with the kind your family loved.
- Bake: Make it a pasta bake by melting more cheese on top.