Cherry Jello Salad with fruit is a delightful, light, and fruity dessert after a heavy meal. It is so delicious and can be modified to create a dessert your family will love.
This Cherry Jello Salad with fruit is like stepping back in time to the 1950’s in the best possible way. The recipe has standed the test of time due to the fact it is easy to make, refreshing and so pretty.
Who invented Jello? Here is the answer.
- Quick: Quick make and can be made ahead
- Easy Ingredients: This recipe is a breeze to make with easy ingredients.
- Family Friendly: There is always room for this dessert.
- Adaptable: Can be made in so many combinations and varieties.
What You Need to Make this Jello Salad
- cherry Jello
- frozen sliced strawberries
- frozen mixed berries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
- cherry pie filling
- pineapple chunks
- pear halves
- mandarin oranges
- Granny Smith apples
How to Make this Light Dessert – Step by Step
- Make Jello: First, in a large bowl, dissolve Jello in boiling water.
- Fruit: Second, stir in the strawberries and mixed berries and the other fruit.
- Set: Finally, cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
LOOKING FOR MORE JELLO? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Looking for more? Check out all of the Quick and Easy Desserts on It Is a Keeper.
Common Questions About Cherry Jello Dessert
This recipe can last up to three days in the fridge. Just make sure that it is wrapped well to keep out moisture and odors. Also, omit the bananas or wait to serve with them on top so they don’t get bad.
Definitely, I just wanted to make it super easy for any time of year.
This recipe makes a lot. But you can absolutely, half or double it for your needs.
One of the ways that this can be adapted is to use sugar-free gelatin and no-sugar-added fruits and pie filling. You get plenty of sweetness from the fresh fruits — you don’t even miss the extra sugar.
Sure, you can use any type of fruit that you want to make it unique. Even change up the Jello flavor.
Expert Tips for Making Cherry Jello Salad
- Make Individual: Use disposable clear cups or pretty parfait glasses.
- Trifle Bowl: Use a trifle bowl and lay all the fruit out in pretty patterns. it looks gorgeous as the centerpiece to the table,
- Toppings: Top with Whipped cream or toasted coconut. Or use this dessert as a topper for ice cream.
- Crunch: Chopped Nuts or crushed pretzels add a great crunch to this dessert.
- Lighten up: Feel free to use fruit packed in its own juice and sugar free options of filling and jello.
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Cherry Jello Salad
- 2 3 oz packages cherry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 10 oz package frozen sliced strawberries
- 1 10 oz package frozen mixed berries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 15 oz can pear halves, drained and cut into chunks
- 1 15 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 bananas, sliced
- In a large bowl, dissolve Jello in boiling water.
- Stir in the strawberries and mixed berries.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
- Make Individual: Use disposable clear cups or pretty parfait glasses.Trifle Bowl: Use a trifle bowl and lay all the fruit out in pretty patterns. it looks gorgeous as the centerpiece to the table,Toppings: Top with Whipped cream or toasted coconut. Or use this dessert as a topper for ice cream.Crunch: Chopped Nuts or crushed pretzels add a great crunch to this dessert.Lighten up: Feel free to use fruit packed in its own juice and sugar free options of filling and jello.