This recipe for Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole is easy and delicious. I love that it cooks itself while we’re sleeping. It’s one of the best slow cooker recipes of all time.
This post contains sponsored links from Hatfield, however, all opinions are 100% my own.
This time of the year always seems to be super busy. My son is involved in a lot of activities and it seemed like everything was scheduled for this past weekend. Between baseball practices, BMX races, flag football games, and playing in the bell choir at church, we were running around like crazy.
I joked that I was going to spend my weekend driving up and down the interstate going from activity to activity.
And, you know it’s going to be crazy when you have to pack a bag with four (!!!) different outfits/uniforms to get you through the day.
I knew we would be on the run all day and not have enough time to eat proper meals. Along with uniform changes in the car, we would also be eating our meals in the car.
However, if we started our day off with a good, hearty breakfast, it would help get us through the rest of the day. That’s where this Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole comes in.
This casserole has layers of hash browns, ham, cheese, and eggs and is bursting with flavor.
It’s hearty, filling, and incredibly easy to make. And, the best part is, it essentially cooks itself while you sleep. That’s a winner in my book!
The recipe starts with a Hatfield hardwood smoked boneless ham.
I always try to keep one of these on hand. Not only are they great for dinner (have you tried my Pepper Jelly Glazed Ham?), but you can use them in so many other recipes like my Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Soup or Macaroni and Cheese with Ham.
Hatfield dinner hams come fully cooked which makes meal prep easy. For this recipe, you need precooked ham. I used about 1/3 of Hatfield ham and diced it up into cubes. You could even use leftover ham from dinner.
Then it’s just a matter of layering the ingredients in the slow cooker. I highly recommend using a slow cooker liner or spraying the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. It will make clean up so much easier.
Once you have all of the layers in place, pour the egg mixture on top and set it to cook for six hours. I set my slow cooker to switch to the “keep warm” setting after six hours so that the casserole isn’t overcooked.
There is nothing like waking up to the aroma of a fully cooked breakfast just waiting to be devoured.
Hatfield fully-cooked hams are definitely a keeper in my book. You can make so many delicious recipes with them, such as this Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole.
Be sure to check out these best slow cooker recipes of all time and my slow cooker tips and tricks.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Easy Recipes You May Enjoy
Get even more of the best slow cooker recipes of all time on my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
Slow Cooker Breakfast CasserolePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons House Seasoning blend, divided
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 pounds frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 pound Hatfield fully-cooked dinner ham, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Green onions, sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, 1 teaspoon House Seasoning blend and mustard powder.
- Line your slow cooker with a slow cooker liner or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the crock of your slow cooker, layer 1/3 of the potatoes, 1/3 of the ham, 1/3 of the onion, 1/3 of the pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of House Seasoning blend and 1/4 of the cheese.
- Repeat layer two more times.
- Pour egg mixture over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Before serving, place remaining cheese on top, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with sliced green onions on top.