Air Fryer Hash Browns are a crisp, golden brown, diner staple that you can make at home. This potato dish is an American classic you will love to make in the air fryer.
This Air Fryer Hash Brown recipe is truly the best! You get all those crisp edges q
This Air Fryer Hash Brown recipe is truly the best! You get all those crispy hash brown edges quickly and without having to add all those deep fried calories. Homemade hash browns are way better than french fries!
When did Americans discover the hash brown? Find out here.
- 15 Minutes: Have this golden side in 15 short minutes.
- Easy Ingredients: Only 3 pantry staples.
- Family Friendly: Everyone will run to breakfast to be the 1st to get to these potatoes.
- Makes Great Leftovers: Use them for breakfast the next day or breakfast for dinner. Makes for a super quick breakfast and easy breakfast.
What You Need to Hash Browns in the Air Fryer
- 2 russet potatoes
- TBSP vegetable (or olive) oil, try oil spray/ cooking spray
- House seasoning blend
How to Make these Breakfast Potatoes – Step by Step
- Peel: First, peel your brown potatoes and then using a cheese grater, grate your potatoes for potato shreds and the best results.
- Squeeze: Second, place potatoes in cloth and squeeze out moisture and excess water.
- Mix: Third, add your grated potato to a large bowl, stir in the oil and house seasoning blend and then add your grated potato to your air fryer.
- Cook: Next, cook your hash browns at 370 degrees for 7 minutes (shake at the halfway mark). Serve.
LOOKING FOR MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Looking for more? Check out all of the Easy Breakfast Recipes on It Is a Keeper.
Common Questions About Air Fryer Potatoes
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container. Serve for a delicious breakfast the next day!
Sure, add a little garlic and onion to up the flavor.
Absolutely, adjust to the amount you need. If making a lot, use the food processor with the shredding attachment.
Make the potatoes ahead of time and freeze, then pop in the air fryer to cook as needed.
Load up the healthy hash browns with cheese, onions, fresh herbs, onion powder / garlic powder or alternatively, sour cream and caviar.
Serve this dish with your favorite breakfast, eggs, fresh fruit, omelettes, scrambled eggs, sausage or your favorite breakfast foods. Or add it to a breakfast burrito.
Expert Tips for Making Hash Browns in the Air Fryer
- Recipe Can be Doubled: Great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and split it into batches. The perfect addition to any breakfast meal.
- Bacon: Top with crumbled bacon or prosciutto.
- Eggs: Make an egg over light and put it on top of the crispy potatoes! Yum
- Variation tip: Make them spicy by adding your favorite hot spices or sauces. Pack this as a quick snack!
- Alternate ingredient: Try it with Sweet Potatoes too and less oil for healthy recipes and good option. It’s all personal preferences!
- Tips: Do not crowd food in air fryer. Be sure to preheat your air fryer. Any air fryer model works!
The form you have selected does not exist.
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Air Fryer Hash Browns
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 TBSP vegetable, or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel your potatoes.
- Using a cheese grater, grate your potatoes (be careful!)
- Place all of your grated potato in the middle of about 4 layers of paper towels, or a clean dish cloth. Bring the sides and corners together over the grated potato. Twist until moisture from the potato release. Continue to twist out moisture until no more moisture releases.
- Add your grated potato to a bowl, and gently stir in the oil and salt, and pepper.
- Add your grated potato to your air fryer.
- Cook your hash browns at 370 degrees for 7 minutes (shake at the halfway mark).
- Recipe Can be Doubled: Great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and split it into batches.
- Bacon: Top with crumbled bacon or prosciutto
- Eggs: Make an egg over light and put it on top! Yum
- Variation tip: Make them spicy by adding your favorite hot spices or sauces.
- Alternate ingredient: Try it with Sweet Potatoes too.
- Tips: Do not crowd food in air fryer. Be sure to preheat your air fryer.