This is truly the best Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe. It’s rich and creamy and loaded with broccoli. Sometimes, I even take it a step further and add ham for added protein.
Best Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
When it’s cold and blustery outside there is nothing like a big bowl of soup to warm your soul. This low carb Broccoli Cheddar Soup is one of my favorite recipes during the colder months. It reminds me of the Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe with it’s rich flavor and it’s loaded with good-for-you broccoli.
It’s a balmy 9 degrees outside right now in northeastern Pennsylvania. This easy Broccoli Cheddar Soup is always on my meal plan when the forecast calls for snow – along with my Italian Wedding Soup and my Cheeseburger Soup. Sometimes, I even boost it up a bit by adding cooked ham. It’s one of my son’s favorite meals.
My family loves broccoli. Whether it’s steamed, raw, roasted or baked, we just can’t get enough of the green stuff. Some of our favorite broccoli recipes are Gnocchi and Broccoli in Parmesan Cream Sauce, Chicken and Broccoli Tortellini Casserole and Sicilian Roasted Broccoli (a spin off of my cauliflower recipe). And, this soup recipe will now be added to the top of the list!
We absolutely love this soup! It’s definitely the best Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe I’ve made. It was extremely hearty and filling and chocked full of lots of broccoli. Serve it with some crusty bread or in a bread bowl and you have a perfect meal.
Tips for Making Easy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Use a heavy bottomed pot – this one is my favorite.
- Chop the broccoli into small, uniform pieces so it cooks through faster.
- You don’t have to trim too much of the stems off – the soup is pureed.
- To easily puree the broccoli, I use an immersion blender. This one is my favorite.
- I usually pull some of the cooked broccoli out of the pot before I puree it so that I have some bigger pieces left in the soup.
Flavor Ideas for Low Carb Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- I love to add cooked ham to this soup. Simply cut it into bite sized pieces.
- You could also add cooked chicken to the soup. Add it after you puree the base.
- This soup would also be great if you swapped half of the broccoli for cauliflower.
Looking for More Easy Soup Recipes?
Items You Need to Make the Best Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
Get INSTANT ACCESS to my FREE eCookbook: The Best Easy Recipes.
Sign up to receive a FREE eCookbook, available exclusively to subscribers!